There's a chance it will be snowy come Super Bowl Sunday - any early look at the weather is a little pointless at this, erm, point - but the forecast right now calls for temps in the 20's and 30's.
Thursday marked Denver's first practice for Super Bowl XLVIII, and while Knowshon Moreno and Tony Carter practicing are certainly good signs, the biggest story is the weather. A double-gloved Manning warmed up (get it?) with his teammates Thursday, beginning to establish their gameplan for the NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks. Mitch Unrein was the only player to miss Broncos' practice.
- Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Percy Harvin has been cleared to practice, and did so with the team on Wednesday. He's a potential game-changer, with size, speed, and not a lot of film in Seattle's offense for the Broncos to look at. Harvin destroyed the Broncos as a Viking back in 2011 (8 rec, 156 yards, 2 TDs), and he could be just the ticket for getting Russell Wilson out of his current slump.
- RB Marshawn Lynch missed practice Wednesday for Seattle (knee). Not earth-shattering, but something to keep an eye on if he misses any more. Two other Seahawks were held out of practice as well. We'll have an injury/practice report up later today.
- Peyton Manning is on the regional cover of Sports Illustrated - it's the third time in the month of January that the Broncos have graced SI's cover.
- Russell Wilson was "a wide-eyed 10th grader" when he first met Peyton Manning - at Manning's passing camp a decade ago.
- Would the NFL possibly postpone or reschedule the Super Bowl due to inclement weather? From Newsday: "The current extended forecast for the day of the game calls for cold weather (a high of 29 degrees and a low of 18) -- but no precipitation. But if there is an unexpected storm that brings the metropolitan area to a halt, then the league has contingency plans to reschedule the game for a different date. That could mean moving it to Saturday, Feb. 1, or Monday, Feb. 3. Or it could be moved back even further."
- How were the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks built? USA Today takes a brief look, and we'll be taking a much closer look and really breaking down these teams' salary cap situations later this week. Stay tuned for that post soon.
- Are you a LEGO collector? These Broncos figurines aren't strictly LEGO (they're some knock-off called OYO), but they look legit. Eric Decker - Broncos end zone
- Super Bowl Tweetcap: Denver Broncos Records
- Super Bowl History: The 1977 Denver Broncos Rise to Power
- NFL confirms Wes Welker's hit on Aqib Talib was legal; Richard Sherman says he is "not a villan" - Horse Tracks
- Broncos sign eight players to future contracts
- MHR Radio Podcast 2.23 | Super Bowl Edition