1. Super Bowl Weather Update
The weather forecast for Super Bowl XLVIII has improved dramatically since earlier in the week. Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos will be looking at the mid-40s at game time to high 30s by the end of the game. With moderate wind speeds and very little chance of precipitation, there will be no excuse for this team to continue its march for the Lombardi Trophy. The chart just keeps improving each time I check, just yesterday it was supposed to be slightly cooler than it is now today. Either way, things are shaping up to be perfect football weather. Cold, but not freezing. Windy, but not blustery. Dry, but overcast. Love it!
2. Broncos Practicing Indoors
The Denver Broncos took to the indoor facility yesterday to work on the finer elements of Super Sunday's game plan. I love the massive banner of the Lombardi Trophy hanging from the walls of the practice facility. That's got to give players a little extra motivation as they go through their routines.
3. What Kind of Broncos Fan Are You?
Westword Blogs came out with an article covering the Top 12 Broncos fans you have probably met in your lifetime. Reading through the list I can see quite a few commonalities with certain people I know and if I had to grade myself then I would have to go with "The Curmudgeon". I'm not 60+, but on game day you better shut your trap and let me get my Broncos fed to me in a steady dose via radio, television and web.
What cracked me up was the labels I began putting on those of you heavily active in your game day threads.
4. Politicians Are Idiots (Or Are They?)
I tried to downplay the political hate earlier this week over that Washington Senator's snafu on Twitter, but now we have our own Colorado Governor renaming mountains for players. Seriously? As a historically-minded person, this is about the most short-sighted stupidity I've ever heard of.
However, then I read the proclamation and saw that he only enacted it for Super Bowl Sunday. Therefore, I am fully on board with this awesomeness. What can I say, it won't negatively affect history and I love me some Broncos ... so...
This is awesome. CO governor renames peaks for Broncos - http://t.co/R0QQyhshG0. I've conquered Justice, Irving, Mincey, Carter, and Ayers— MileHighReport (@MileHighReport) January 30, 2014
5. Bronco Mike Rules Twitter
A company called Market Wired conducts an annual study on Twitter over how much people are tweeting about the big game. The dropped this infographic a few days ago and lo and behold there's Mile High Report staffer Bronco Mike right there as one of the biggest Broncos tweets on the net.
6. Vernon Davis a Broncos?
All-world stud tight end, Vernon Davis, of the San Francisco 49ers said on SiriusXM Radio yesterday afternoon that he would love to play on the same team as Peyton Manning before his career is over. Considering Manning only has a couple of years left anyway, this is something that would have to happen soon.
Even more damning perhaps is that Vernon doesn't seem to like getting laid out whenever Colin Kaepernick throws him a pass. This was something I saw all year long having watched a lot of 49er games. If I were him, I'd want to play for a better quarterback too.
I don't know about you, but the thought of having Vernon Davis and Julius Thomas on the field at the same time makes my head hurt - especially when factoring in Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker and Wes Welker. It's like too many weapons man!
Vernon Davis on Peyton Manning "I would love the opportunity to play with him before my career is over." @49ers— SiriusXM NFL Radio (@SiriusXMNFL) January 30, 2014
- The quick turnaround from a 4-12 season puts Super Bowl into perspective for a lot of current Bronco players who played during that trying time.
- John Elway explains why he laid into the team after the preseason loss to the Seattle Seahawks last Fall.
- Peyton Manning offered up an excellent press conference Thursday morning and believes the Broncos are peaking at the perfect time.
- SBNation.com's Stephen White dug deeper into the matchup between the Broncos offensive line and the Seattle pass rush. He is a known Seahawks homer and "calls bullshit" on the Broncos run defense that finished in the Top 10 for the year. Unsurprisingly he concluded the Broncos offensive line that was ranked by PFF as the best in the league would not be able to hold back the Seahawks pass rush.
- Field Gulls dug into the Broncos defense and actually came away far more impressed saying the Broncos run defense was "Carolina lite", but felt the Broncos would struggle to hold the Seahawks offense under 27 points. Apparently, he skipped the ProFootballFocus review of Champ Bailey and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie when providing his review of that unit.
- Joel Corry, a former agent, thinks the Broncos have all of the leverage to force Champ Bailey to take a huge pay cut if he doesn't want to retire after the Super Bowl. The market today has the salary for a player of his caliber about half what it is today.
- If I could poke fun for a second in a pretty funny coincidence, this post is suspiciously similar to this one by Bronco Mike. It was posted later in the day, but fortunately the author let us know he wrote it the night before. Thanks for clarifying that! haha... We will beat that Cover 3, baby! Twice!
- Keeping things light, one Denver Super Fan built himself a Lombardi Trophy unlike no other. Pretty freaking awesome!
- There was no better running back in the playoffs and with all of his other accomplishments, there is no reason Terrell Davis not to be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- Pack in up fellow Broncomaniacs! Some psychic manatee picked the Broncos to win the Super Bowl this year. So far,he is a perfect 6-0 picking the winners of these games.
- Often, one play turns the tide of the Super Bowl forever in one teams favor - here are the best ones.
- Oh and NFL.com is full of people I dislike and a couple that I am currently not annoyed with.
- Peyton Manning on being a Bronco... and throwing touchdown ducks
- Super Bowl Weather Update: Forecast has improved dramatically in last 24 hours
- Broncos vs Seahawks: Common Opponents
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Beating the Seattle Seahawks Cover 3 scheme
- Super Bowl History: Denver Broncos vs. Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl XXXII
- Time To Ride? I Plan To Enjoy The Ride!