1. The NFL Has Manning Figured Out
Richard Sherman just can't stop from flapping his mouth to anyone with a camera, so the latest now is apparently players from around the league helped him figure out Peyton Manning's hand signals. I guess my question is, how does Manning win any game at all? The guy is so predictable.
2. 2014 Strength of Schedule
Many people might complain about not having a tough strength of schedule, but I relish this. The Denver Broncos will have the second toughest road to the playoffs of any team in the NFL. The poor Oakland Raiders have it the worst, but I suspect that is only because they don't have to play themselves twice a year.
The key for me will be to see how well the Broncos match up physically against those NFC West teams. After that Super Bowl catastrophe, I'll be angling for a 4-0 record against those teams before I start to relax heading into next seasons playoffs. Yes, playoffs ... when was the last time Peyton wasn't in the tournament as a starting quarterback?
3. Montee Ball is a Gamer
With Knowshon Moreno's future up in the air, Montee Ball is ready for the reps and the increased roll in the offense. Ball came on strong late in the season with 393 yards rushing from Week 13 on for 5.4 yards per carry. Not bad for the number 2 role.
If you watch the video of Terrell Davis in the link above, he put Ball at #5 on his list of running backs to watch for a break out season in 2014.
4. Mocking the Draft Again
I was expecting this mock draft simulator to get old after a while, but it keeps spitting out different options each time I go to use it, so I keep using it!
After arguing a bit about defensive tackle in the MHR round table set to publish today, I was convinced to go big and ugly up front. Then from there, I did my best to fill needs at key positions.
5. Swimsuit Edition
Oh boy, the new Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover was revealed yesterday. I must say, it's butt-rific!
6. Horse Tracks
- The Denver Broncos salary cap situation is a snug, but looks good. There are several ways John Elway can reduce the load some too, so no worries Broncos fans!
- DenverBroncos.com came out with their third quarter review, along with some video highlights of it.
- Dale Hansen blasts those in the NFL who think Michael Sam wouldn't be a good fit in the league. I think Sam is a good fit for the NFL.
- This post was fun, covering the top 5 worst free agent signings in Broncos history. Thank you Mike Shanahan for nabbing four of the top five!
- Another Broncos blog has their annual Matty Awards for Broncos players. It's good he let that Super Bowl loss stew for a few weeks before busting this out, otherwise they'd all been bums!