1. MHR Goes Viral
Not only that, but NFL.com picked it up as well. Good job, Monty! Every blogger loves to receive recognition from their drunk step father, the mainstream media.
2. John Elway
Mr. Elway is taking this Executive Vice President of Football Operations/General Manager stuff seriously. He is easily making as big of a mark on this franchise as he ever did as a player. Succeed or fail, this Bronco fan feels truly blessed to have such a great man of Denver leading this franchise the way most of us think it should be led. No one understands what this team means to all of us than one John Elway.
3. Introducing From the FanPosts
Since the major SB Nation redesign, my favorite part of MileHighReport.com was kind of shunned by the new design. FanPosts is what make this website the greatest fan site on Earth, so once the season ended I reached out to Monty to see what we could do to improve the community.
The best idea was implementing this new section and keeping it pinned up near the top of the fold. All of the best FanPosts will get placed in this section - provided I have time - and any that are considered "Hall of Fame" material. Please email me if you have any past posts that you think should be put into this section for curation.
Some of our best contributors to MHR are not even regular staffers and I've made it my mission to make sure our best contributors all get front page love. We'll see how this new idea works, but I am hopeful it achieves exactly what I hope it does - increased visibility and exposure to the best fan community on the net.
4. Drafting the Mock
- Round 1: Loucheiz Purifoy, Cornerback
- Round 2: Chris Smith, Defensive End
- Round 3: Paul Richardson, Wide Receiver
5. Diamond Eyes Tribute
Finally, a highlight video that has music that is bearable.
6. Horse Tracks
- Former Denver Broncos wide receiver, David Terrell, was acquitted of drug and battery charges. Yet another Mike Shanahan kind of guy.
- DenverBroncos.com reviewed the post season and its highlights. Not happy with how the postseason ended.
- Roger Goodell is filthy rich and I mean filthy .. for as much as he is trying to monetize the NFL, I dislike he is taking such a massive cut of the proverbial pie.
- One blogger thinks the NFL has an information issue, but I disagree. I think the NFL did the right things by letting the truth come out and letting the investigative reporting run its course.
- I am getting tired of reading about the ridiculous rumor that Peyton Manning purposely threw the game against the Seattle Seahawks. It's ludicrous and people need to stop buying into that bullcrap.
- One guy thinks its not easy being a Broncos fan. Pretty much, considering this franchise either gets blown out in the Super Bowl or wins it.
- The Super Bowl window is closing rapidly, but as long as Manning is the quarterback anything can happen. My gut tells me that 2014 is our last chance for a while at least.