I was in shock most of the game. At the end I was thinking about what the Broncos can do to get better to return and win. One obvious observation from the game was we are slow on defense still. Another one is our O-Line is not top notch against speed players. Overall however, we just played bad. Not the best time to have your worst game of the year in all phases.
Here is my list of things I feel we can do to get better and return to the big game.
1. Get Clady back.
2. Teach or DB's to turn their heads around. Do you have any idea how many INT's Tony Carter missed this season let alone the rest of the squad. We are playing right with WR;s and if they turn their head they pick those passes off.
3. Resign Decker if possible but let Knowshon go. Ball is more than capable moving forward.
4. Reteach Franklin how to pass block
5 Coach our OL on how to run block or design better running plays.
6. Draft for Speed on D. Outside of Travathon, or LB's are slow and so are our Safetys.
7. Consistent pass rush that pushes back the pocket. Von coming back will help but as we saw, it was not as easy as that.
8. Give Del Rio a wake up call. His D was better for 2 games in the playoffs but we still leave way to many plays on the field when we don't tackle or get turnovers that we should have. Other teams do not drop as many INT chances as we do.
9. Start the process of seeing who really is going to be the heir apparent to Manning. I think Dysart has a better shot than Oz by the way.
10. Resign DRC to an extended contract
There. some of my stupid thoughts after a very rough night. Help me out here guys. Lets get better in 2014 and Go Broncos.