After a flurry of signings including the Sanders signing today, a few thoughts come to mind.
2. If we offered Decker three years 18 million he may have taken it, but we appear to have made no offer. Why?
3. If you make the offer to Decker and he turns it down then you know you did all you could, but to not make any offer to your number 2 receiver who has caught 222 passes for 3070 yards and 33 Touchdowns, as well as 148 first downs....is hard to comprehend.
4. For a team that just put up the most points in the history of the NFL the lack of desire or effort to sign Moreno or Decker is difficult to understand.
5. It appears that Moreno can be brought back for 2 million a season and still we make no offer. Are we really that comfortable with Ball, Anderson, and Hillman (the fumble machine)?
6. Statistically, Decker was the 11th best receiver in the NFL, Sanders was the 40th. Decker had 19 receptions over 20 yards and Sanders had 12. Demariyus Thomas had 19 receptions over 20 yards and was the 9th ranked receiver. Sanders seems to be a good replacement for Decker, but it still begs the question Why did we not try to sign Decker?
7. Defensively, we have severely upgraded. Ware is a beast, Talib is a stud, and Ward is outstanding. May the stay healthy and may the defense gel as a unit.
8. Zane Beadles was not worth 30 million dollars, but we need to maximize Mannings protection and replace Beadles.