1. It's been five years since the Cutler trade, who has won the deal?:
Five years ago Broncos Head Coach Josh McDaniel's traded his young "Franchise Quarterback" Jay Cutler and a 5th round pick to the Chicago Bears for two 1st round selections, a 3rd rounder and Quarterback Kyle Orton.
With the first-round picks the Broncos acquired, they traded one in the 2010 draft to San Francisco, which selected offensive tackle Anthony Davis No. 11 overall. Denver used the other in 2009 to acquire defensive end Robert Ayers. Denver traded the third-round pick acquired from the Bears to Pittsburgh, which snatched up receiver Mike Wallace.
During his three years with the Denver Broncos Kyle Orton has thrown for 8,434 yards, 49 touchdowns, and 28 interceptions of the Broncos.
Here's what the Bears did with the Broncos fifth-round pick.
The Bears drafted WR/KR Johnny Knox with the Broncos 5th round selection. During Cutlers five year stint with the Bears he passed for 14,913 yards, 101 TD's, and 75 interceptions.
Since the trade, Cutler has led the Bears to the playoffs just once over five seasons, and the Broncos have advanced to the postseason three times, and appeared in Super Bowl XLVIII.
So who do you think has won the Cutler trade? The Broncos or the Bears?
2. Could Kony Ealy be the Broncos man at 31?:
Using the mock draft generator at Fanspeak.com I did a seven round mock draft for the Broncos, here are the results.
3. The Broncos have the seventh best receiver duo in the league:
Chris Wesseling of NFL.com ranked the NFL's top receiving duos, and the Broncos came in a little lower then some would have expected.
Thomas has led all NFL receivers in passer rating on throws in his direction since Peyton Manning took control of the Broncos' offense. Welker seemed to take a step back after suffering a pair of concussions in the second half of last season. If Eric Decker was still in Denver, he and Thomas would be higher on this list.
The duos that were ranked ahead of the Broncos pair are 6. Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins, 5. Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson, 4. Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb, 3. Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate, 2. Julio Jones and Roddy White, and 1. Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey.
- Wondering what it's to rehab an ACL injury? Broncos cornerback Chris Harris talks about what it's like to rehab an ACL.
- ESPN's Jeff Legwold writes that the Broncos are going to look long and hard at the middle linebacker prospects in this years NFL Draft.
- Andrew Mason takes a look at the Tight End prospects in this years NFL Draft.
- The Titans are expected to release running back Chris Johnson. Could the Broncos be interested?
- Stud prospect Jadeveon Clowney "wowed" everyone with his elite athleticism in his Pro Day yesterday. Should Clowney be the number one overall pick in May's NFL Draft?
- 49ers Linebacker NaVarro Bowman approves of the new rule change that bears his name, but he says the new rule "doesn't fix his knee".
- Quarterback prospects Johnny Manziel and Teddy Bridgewater visited the New England Patriots this week. Could the Patriots move up to draft one of the top QB prospects?