Why seven? You know why.
1. Roby was a three-star recruit out of high school.
2. He originally verbally committed to Vanderbilt before changing his mind to Ohio State. Winning played a key factor in this decision, according to Roby. "(Vanderbilt) just didn't win enough for me."
3. Bradley Roby was a communications major but left Ohio State his junior year.
4. Roby had 44 career passes defensed (eight INTs) and tied a school record with two interception returns for touchdowns.
5. The "character concerns" surrounding Roby appear overblown and minor to say the least.
7. NFL Network's Mike Mayock said of the pick, "I feel like he and Justin Gilbert had the most talent of any of the corners in this draft."
Bonus points (from the comments)
8. Roby was misused in his final year as a Buckeye, forced to play in more zone coverages. He excels in man coverage (think DRC in 2013) (thanks GLORYfromHEAVEN).
9. Roby is best friends with Steve Atwater's son. John Elway said he spoke with Atwater following Roby's selection, and that the Broncos' Smiling Assassin further endorsed Roby. (thanks KraigK)
Got something to add to this story? Let us know in the comments!