Robert Mathis was suspended four games for taking Clomid, the same substance Manny Ramirez once was suspended for.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 16, 2014
Mathis victimized Broncos starting Left Tackle Chris Clark when they met up last season. However, Mathis would have been facing All-Pro Left Tackle Ryan Clady this time around.
Either way, this news makes the Broncos an already bigger favorite to start out the season 1-0.
Read more about the Robert Mathis suspension here.
Wes Welker made an extra 14k at the Kentucky Derby:
and he's not paying it back
Churchill Downs says they gave person in Wes Welker’s group $14K too much on winning bet http://t.co/ylC8O3qOQc— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) May 16, 2014
I don't blame him. I wouldn't give it back either.
- The New York Jets claimed running back Daryl Richardson off waivers. Richardson was waived by the St. Louis Rams on Thursday.
- Despite probably being without receiver Josh Gordon for an extended period of time, the Cleveland Browns have cut former second round pick Greg Little.
- Apparently Johnny Manziel texted the Cleveland Browns telling them to draft him. This made the Browns brass to "pull the trigger" and draft the former Texas A&M Quarterback.
- The NFL Networks Bucky Brooks graded the AFC West on their 2014 NFL Draft selection. Check out what grade he gave to the Denver Broncos, and their division rivals.
- Michael Sam's reality tv show on the Oprah Winfrey's network has been reportedly postponed.
- Are you a Madden Football fan? If so you can vote on the Madden Cover athlete here. Richard Sherman and Cam Newton are currently the leading vote getters.