The Broncos took Michigan Offensive Tackle/Guard Michael Schofield in the third round of the 2014 NFL Draft. Schofield looks to compete for the Right Tackle with Chris Clark, Winston Justice, and Vinston Painter. Schofield could also move inside and play Guard.
Schofield appeared in 52 career games on the offensive line for the Michigan Wolverines making 36 starts. 26 of those starts were at right tackle while the other 10 were at left guard.
Height: 6'6 Weight: 301lbs 40 Time: 5.01
Arm Length: 34" Hands: 9 5/8"
Vertical Jump: 24 Inches Broad Jump: 93.0 Inches
3 Cone Drill: 7.62 seconds 20 Yard Shuttle: 4.57 seconds
- Run Blocking: Schofield's strength is at run blocking. He drives his legs on contact and generates some power through his lower body.
- Versatility: Schofield has experience at Right Tackle and Left Guard. Those ironically are the positions the Broncos could use a starter(Depending on what they do with Orlando Franklin).
- Tough: Schofield is a tough and gritty player who is also a hard worker.
- Measurables: Has good height and long arms, and a well built frame. Has a wide base to dig hits cleats in the ground and wall off lanes.
- Good Technique: He uses his hands well, doesn't give up many penalties, and has a low center of gravity.
- Average Athleticism: Only ran 5.01 at the combine. Works best in small areas.
- Average Strength: Not a great drive blocker. Needs to get stronger.
- Struggles With Speed: Has had issues with speed rushers. Schofield cannot cut off the wide rush and struggles to handle quick, inside counters.
- Struggles in the Second Level: Schofield has tight hips and limited range. Is exposed when pulling, and is often late to his spot.
- Foot Quickness: Schofield only has average foot quickness as well.