The Broncos need your help. We all talk about the fact the Broncos get little to no respect on a national level. The screw-job that is the Pro Football Hall of Fame and all the rest. we talk about it alot. Now we need to put our actions where our mouths are.
The NFL is currently holding voting for the 2009 Pro Bowl. Several Broncos are deserving, but with a little less than 3 weeks left in the voting some of our Broncos need some help if they are going to get to Honolulu.
I am not asking you to vote for players you don't feel are deserving. Specifically there are a few that i think deserve the opportunity -- Ryan Clady, Ryan Harris and Eddie Royal.
Clady, specifically, has had an incredible rookie campaign playing the toughest position on the offensive line. Think about the following --
* Ryan Clady, whom the Broncos selected with the 12th overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft from
* Clady has been whistled for only two penalties in 10 starts (1 holding, 1 false start). According to Stats Inc., he has given up only half a sack (at N.E., 10/26/08) this year.
* He also has blocked for a Denver offense that leads the AFC (3rd in the NFL) in yards per game (388.8) and ranks sixth in the league in yards per rush (4.5).
MOST STARTS, ROOKIE OFFENSIVE TACKLES, NFL, 2008
Player GP GS FS Hold. Pen-Yds.
1. Ryan Clady, Den. 10 10 1 1 2-15
Jake Long, Mia. 10 10 0 2 3-30
Duane Brown, Hou. 10 10 1 1 3-18
4. Branden Albert, K.C. 9 9 0 0 0-0
5. Jeff Otah, Car. 6 6 3 1 4-25
That list just doesn't include AFC rookies, that is all rookies. Clady has also gone up against some of the best pass rushers in the NFL including Joey Porter and John Abraham and has come out only giving up a 1/2 sack all season. Another indication of his dominance is the fact that Daniel Graham is becoming a bigger part of the passing game. That can only happen if Graham is not required to stay back and block.
Please take a few minutes every day to go vote for Clady and any other Broncos you feel are worthy. After the jump are the voting results to date.
CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR THE 2009 PRO BOWL
**Fan voting accounts for a third of the final tally with players and coaches making up the other two-thirds.**
BRONCOS IN THE TOP-5 IN PRO BOWL VOTING
Wide Receiver --
Place Kicker --
Please try and do YOUR part as a Bronco fan and vote for as many Broncos as you feel are worthy!