The football season might be over but the draft season is upon us broncos country! We have the 12th pick in the first round. Our picks, by round, go:
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th (9 total)
We also have a bunch of cap room, so let the free-agent speculation begin (given recent moves that may or may not be a good thing).
As I see it, we need to cut Nate Webster, get rid of Boss, Niko and a bunch of the other dead weight our roster and go to work. I see us needing: Safety, LB, DE, DT, RB. I trust Jim Goodman after our last several drafts, but I would trade down or trade Elvis for another 2nd round pick and go:
1. Safety: Mays or Chung - we need a physical, complete safety for run support and coverage, end of story;
2. D-Line - Passrusher who is good v. the run (DE or pocket-collapsing DT);
2. RB: CJ Spiller (look him up on Youtube - he's one of the best I've ever seen & should be there in the 2nd - fast, great hands, great kick-returner and would be a great change of pace back behind Hillis/Torain);
3. D-Line - Run-stopper (D-tackle or a physical D-end who can seal the edge and also rush the passer)
4. WR or TE - many disagree but we need depth at receiver (stoke is old, sheff & Jackson get hurt) - remember, Cutler is THE FRANCHISE, we gotta keep putting quality talent out there for him to throw to
4. LB or CB (depending on how the front office values Woodyard / Larsen / Jack Williams / Josh Bell - I'm about done with Dre, our highest paid player btw)
5. O-line (center/guard depending on what they plan to do with Lichtensteiger and Eslinger). Casey is old and we need a stud to anchor this young line
6. O-LIne, LB, DT (best availbel player)
6. Best player available for defense (preferably safety, D-line or LB)
7. Kicker - prater can't hit anything between 40 and 50 yards, his extra point fiasco. the bolts sealed it for me. I'm done with him. Bring in a belitnakov winner, pronto.
Fill remaining holes in free-agency!
This is just my take. What do you think Broncos Country?