The Denver Broncos (3-0) play their first of eight consecutive games against teams who finished last year with a .500 or better record this week when they host the Dallas Cowboys (2-1) on Sunday. Kickoff at INVESCO Field at Mile High is set for 2:15 p.m. MDT.
* - The Broncos, who are 3-0 for the second consecutive season and for the 11th time in club history, are one of seven undefeated teams in the NFL. Head Coach Josh McDaniels has joined Red Miller (1977) as one of two
coaches in Broncos history to begin their tenure with the club 3-0.
* - Through three games, the Broncos have trailed for only 4:46 of 180 minutes played (2.7 percent) while leading for 129:43 (72.1 percent).
* - The Broncos are one of two AFC teams (Baltimore) to feature two players with at least 180 rushing yards in RB Correll Buckhalter (230) and RB Knowshon Moreno (184). Denver is fourth in the league in rushing, averaging 158.7 yards per game.
* - According to Stats Inc., LT Ryan Clady owns the longest active streak in the NFL (all 19 career games) of not allowing a full sack among starting tackles.
* - Coached by long-time NFL defensive coordinator Mike Nolan, the Broncos have tied for the third-fewest points allowed (16) by an NFL team through its first three games of a season in the Super Bowl era (since 1966).
* - Denver leads the league in several other defensive categories, including yards per game (214.7), yards per play (3.9) and fewest red zone drives (4).
* - OLB/DE Elvis Dumervil ranks second in the league with six sacks, which have all occurred in the previous two weeks (most in the NFL). Dumervil has posted an NFL-best four sacks on third down.
* - The Broncos lead the AFC and rank second in the NFL in average opponent drive start after kickoffs (20.6-yard line).
* - K Matt Prater is 3-for-3 on field goal attempts of at least 40 yards and is tied for the league lead in touchbacks on kickoffs (7).