Lynch Note: Jeremy Bolander is out on vacation, but he wanted to make sure a few Draft things get updated after the Broncos trades of Marshall and Scheffler. This post won't be 100% updated until he gets back, I am only updating the Broncos part of it.
With the compensatory picks decided on at the owner's meetings, we now have a draft order to follow along with. This chart will be updated again if any trades occur leading up to the start of the draft on April 22nd.
Currently the Broncos are sitting on 7 picks in the 2010 draft and are in good position to capitalize on one of the deepest drafts in recent memory.
- 1st Round, pick #11 overall
- 2nd Round, pick # 43 overall
- 2nd Round, pick # 45 overall
- 3rd Round, pick #80 overall
- 4th Round, pick #114 overall
- 5th Round, pick #137 overall
- 6th Round, pick #183 overall
Below the fold you will find the latest version of the 2010 chart, with the Broncos picks highlighted, a detailed markup of all the trades to date that involved draft picks, and a downloadable PDF version of the chart for easier printing.
Curious about the value of individual draft picks? Those values, as well as some interesting and relevant research on the subject can be found here.
[Editor's Note: superscript on the right of each pick is the overall pick number, superscript on the left of each pick refers to its number below in "Predraft Trades", and struck out red picks are forfeited.]
1. Carolina to San Francisco. Carolina traded its 2010 first-round selection for San Francisco's 2009 second-round selection (43rd overall, used to select Everette Brown) and its 2009 fourth-round selection (111th overall, used to select Mike Goodson).
2. Chicago to Denver. Chicago traded its 2010 first-round selection, its 2009 first- (18th overall, used to select Robert Ayers) and third-round (84th overall, traded to the Steelers; used to select Mike Wallace) selections, and quarterback Kyle Orton to Denver for quarterback Jay Cutler and a 2009 fifth-round selection (140th overall, used to select Johnny Knox).
3. Denver to Seattle. Denver traded its 2010 first-round selection for Seattle's 2009 second-round selection (37th overall, used to select Alphonso Smith).
4. Atlanta to Kansas City. Atlanta traded its second-round selection to Kansas City for tight end Tony Gonzalez.
5. Chicago to Tampa Bay Chicago traded its second-round selection to Tampa Bay for defensive end Gaines Adams.
6. Jacksonville to New England. Jacksonville traded its 2010 second-round selection and its 2009 seventh-round selection to New England for the first of New England's 2009 third-round selections (73rd overall, used to select Derek Cox).
7. Tennessee to New England. Tennessee traded its 2010 second-round selection to New England for the third of New England's 2009 third-round selections (89th overall, used to select Jared Cook).
40. San Diego to Seattle. San Diego traded this selection and quarterback Charlie Whitehurst to Seattle for the #40 selection and Seattle's 2011 third-round selection.
50. Washington to Philadelphia: Washington traded this selection and a conditional 2011 fourth-round selection to Philadelphia for quarterback Donovan McNabb.
8. New England to Oakland. New England traded third- and fifth-round selections to Oakland for defensive end Derrick Burgess.
9. Seattle to Philadelphia. Seattle traded its third-round selection in 2010 and its fifth- and seventh-round selections in 2009 (137th overall by Baltimore Ravens from Detroit Lions via Seattle, used to select Jason Phillips) and 213th overall by the Philadelphia Eagles from Seattle, used to select Paul Fanaika) for Philadelphia's third-round selection in 2009 (91st overall, used to select Deon Butler).
10. Washington (forfeit). Washington will not have a third-round selection in 2010, as it used a third-round pick in the 2009 Supplemental Draft to choose defensive end Jeremy Jarmon.
11. New York Jets to Cleveland. New York traded a third round pick, as well as a fifth round pick, WR Chansi Stuckey, and LB Jason Trusnik, to Cleveland for WR Braylon Edwards.
41. Oakland to Cleveland. Oakland traded this selection to Cleveland for defensive end Kamerion Wimbley.
42. Baltimore to Arizona. Baltimore traded this selection and its 2010 fourth-round selection to Arizona for WR Anquan Boldin and Arizona's 2010 fifth-round selection.
12. New York Jets to Philadelphia: New York traded a 2009 fifth-round selection and a 2010 fourth-round selection to Philadelphia for CB Lito Sheppard.
43. New England to Oakland (returned): New England traded this selection to Oakland for defensive end Derrick Burgess, under the condition that it would become a fifth-round selection once New England acquired one. Oakland then traded this selection back to New England in exchange for New England's fifth-round selection (acquired from Denver) as part of the terms of the Derrick Burgess trade.
44. Arizona to New York Jets. Arizona traded this selection and its 2011 seventh-round selection to New York for safety Kerry_Rhodes.
45. New York Jets to Philadelphia. New York traded a 2009 fifth-round selection and a 2010 fourth-round selection to Philadelphia for cornerback Lito Sheppard. Sheppard was released by the Jets on March 4, so Philadelphia also sent a 2010 fifth-round selection to New York .
13. Dallas to Denver. Dallas traded its fifth-round selection to Denver for guard Montrae Holland.
14. Denver to Detroit. Denver traded its 2010 fifth-round selection and a 2009 seventh-round selection (#235 overall, used to select Zack Follett) to Detroit for a 2009 sixth-round selection (1st selection in round six, #174 overall, used to select Tom Brandstater).
15. Denver to New England. Denver traded its fifth-round selection to New England for defensive lineman Le Kevin Smith and New England's seventh-round selection, which was later traded back to New England.
16. New England to Tampa Bay. New England traded its fifth-round selection to Tampa Bay for tight end Alex Smith.
17. New Orleans to Philadelphia. New Orleans traded its 2010 fifth-round selection and a 2009 seventh-round selection (#222 overall, later traded to Indianapolis used to select Pat McAfee) to Philadelphia for a 2009 fifth-round selection (#164 overall, used to select Thomas Morstead).
18. New York Jets to Cleveland. New York traded its fifth-round pick, as well as a third-round pick, WR Chansi Stuckey, and LB Jason Trusnik, to Cleveland for WR Braylon Edwards.
19. Tampa Bay to Cleveland. Tampa Bay traded its 2010 fifth-round selection and its 2009 second-round selection (50th overall, used to select Mohamed Massaquoi) to Cleveland for tight end Kellen Winslow II.
20. Carolina to Kansas City. Carolina traded its 2010 fifth-round selection to Kansas City for defensive end Tank Tyler.
21. Miami to Kansas City. Miami traded its fifth-round selection to Kansas City for quarterback Tyler Thigpen.
22. Philadelphia to St. Louis. Philadelphia traded its fifth-round selection and wide receiver Brandon Gibson to St. Louis for linebacker Will Witherspoon.
46. Detroit to Atlanta. Detroit traded its fifth-round selection and sixth-round selection to Atlanta for cornerback Chris Houston and Atlanta's fifth-round selection.
48. Detroit to Cleveland. Detroit traded its fifth round pick to Cleveland for DE Corey Williams and a seventh-round pick.
23. Carolina to Cleveland: Carolina traded its 2010 sixth-round selection to Cleveland for DT Louis Leonard.
24. Indianapolis to Philadelphia. Indianapolis traded its 2010 sixth-round selection to Philadelphia for a 2009 seventh-round selection (#222 overall, used to select Pat McAfee).
25. Oakland to Carolina. Oakland traded its 2010 sixth-round selection and a 2009 seventh-round selection (#216 overall, used to select Captain Munnerlyn) to Carolina for a 2009 sixth-round selection (#202 overall, used to select Brandon Myers).
26. Philadelphia to Buffalo. Philadelphia traded its 2010 sixth-round selection and 2009 first- (later traded to Carolina, 28th overall used to select Eric Wood) and fourth-round (121st overall, used to select Shawn Nelson) selections to Buffalo for tackle Jason Peters.
27. Washington to Miami. Washington traded its 2010 sixth-round selection and 2009 second-round selection (44th overall, used to select Pat White) to Miami for defensive end Jason Taylor.
28. Kansas City to Miami. Kansas City traded its 2010 sixth-round selection to Miami for OL Andy Alleman and Ikechuku Ndukwe
36. San Diego to Houston: San Diego traded an undisclosed 2010 draft choice to Houston for defensive lineman Travis Johnson.
29. Atlanta to St. Louis: Atlanta traded its 2010 seventh-round selection to the Rams for Tye Hill.
30. Green Bay to New York Jets (returned): Green Bay traded its 2010 seventh-round selection and quarterback Brett Favre to the Jets for the Jets' 2009 third-round selection. The Jets acquired this pick as part of the conditional agreement of the trade in which Favre's performance resulted in the Packers receiving the Jets' 2009 third-round selection, coupled with Favre retiring after the 2008 season. However, this pick has been returned to the Packers.
31. Jacksonville to Tampa Bay: Jacksonville traded its 2010 seventh-round draft choice to Tampa Bay for quarterback Luke McCown.
32. Kansas City to Miami: Kansas City traded its 2010 seventh-round selection to Miami for Miami's 2009 seventh-round selection (237th overall, used to select Jake O'Connell).
33. New England to Denver (returned): New England traded its 2010 seventh-round selection and Le Kevin Smith to the Broncos for their 2010 fifth-round selection. Denver then traded the selection back to New England for offensive lineman Russ Hochstein.
34. Philadelphia to New England. Philadelphia traded its 2010 seventh-round selection and wide receiver Greg Lewis to New England for New England's 2009 fifth-round selection (159th overall, used to select Fenuki Tupou).
47. Detroit to Buffalo: Detroit traded their original 2010 seventh round pick to Buffalo for safety Ko Simpson.
49. Baltimore to Tampa Bay: The Ravens traded a 7th round selection in 2009 and 2010 to Tampa Bay for DE Marques Douglas.
35. New England to Baltimore: New England conditionally traded its 2010 seventh-round draft selection to Baltimore for LB Prescott Burgess. The Patriots released Burgess shortly after their game against Baltimore, and was claimed off waivers by Baltimore. The trade was thus nullified, as Burgess did not meet the condition for playing time.
37. New York Jets to Detroit. The Jets traded an undisclosed 2010 draft choice to Detroit for quarterback Kevin O'Connell.
38. Baltimore to Tampa Bay. The Ravens traded conditional late-round selections in 2009 and 2010 to Tampa Bay for DE Marques Douglas.
39. Carolina to Green Bay: In April, 2009, Carolina traded a future conditional draft pick (presumed to be a 2010, seventh-round selection) to the Green Bay Packers for LS J. J. Jansen. Jansen subsequently made the Panthers' roster, playing in every game of the 2009 season.