NOTE - This is a post that gets posted year after year about this time and I feel it is time again. Let me put this right at the top. If you have a problem here at MileHighReport, PLEASE EMAIL ME DIRECTLY(firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have general comments to make, feel free to use the comments section.
This post is a reminder of the Code of Conduct, and of just how to act on MHR. We are a bit different than other sites. For better or worse, MHR is not about how many comments you've made, or Fan Posts you've authored. There are no cliques. If there are, and you are part of one, feel free to start your own site. It won't happen here.
Now, for all the reminders...
First, let me start by posting the rules of MHR, that each and every person who created an account, agreed to.
MileHighReport.com is an independent website dedicated to the Denver Broncos. We welcome fans of the Broncos to come to MHR and join other Broncos fans in talking about the Broncos as well as anything else that interests you. We also welcome the fans of other teams to MileHighReport and welcome good-natured smack talk that can go on between fans of opposing teams.
What we will not tolerate at MHR is any personal attack on any member. Have an opinion, state your case, disagree and debate, but keep it about football. Please keep your comments about the topic at hand. "Hijacking" a post will not be tolerated.
The Fan Shots and Fan Posts are yours! Utilize them to make a point, get involved, or just to meet fellow Broncos fans all over the world. We are a community, and like any community your are a part of we take care of each other.
Lastly, please remember this is just a game. Broncos football is a way of life for most of us but let's not lose sight of what we are here for and that is FUN. Enjoy the site, enjoy the game and most importantly enjoy each other.
* Any FanPost or FanShot with vulgarity in the title will BE DELETED, no questions asked
* Any repeat FanPost will be deleted. FanPosts that are nothing but Links, with text to meet the 75-word requirement will be deleted. If you come across news and want to post the link, USE THE FANSHOT SECTION! That is what it is there for!
* FanPosts that are misleading will be deleted. People come to MHR for their Broncos news and the integrity of the site will not be compromised because you want to be a stand-up comedian.
* Any comments that personally attack any other member will be deleted and the member warned.
* Any post or comment that refers to a player, coach or other prominent figure in a derogatory way(name calling) will be deleted. We are all adults, act like it.
* Openly wishing or hoping that the Broncos fail tells me you are not a Broncos fan. At that point you are a Troll and will be dealt with appropriately.
***IMPORTANT*** These rules are in effect for everyone. Whether you have been with us from the beginning or are a brand new member, there is no favoritism here. There are no cliques. MHR has reached the point it has by being different than message boards, a cut above so to speak. I will not let us become the RMN or DP comment section, or a message board.
I have put these guidelines front and center so you can have a basis for what I am thinking. A couple of thoughts about the guidelines. When you really look at it, it comes down to 2 important things --
1. Be Respectful of Each Other -- That encompasses personal attacks, being open to different ideas and beliefs. It also means that whether the comment comes from me, or someone that created an account 5 minutes ago, we are all treated with the same respect.
2. Act Like an Adult -- This encompasses how you get your point across. None of the contributors have a problem if you disagree with us, and no one will care if you are critical of the Broncos (coaches or players) if you do it in a mature fashion. Creating derogatory terms from someone's last name isn't being respectful and just doesn't add anything to the site.
To be clear -- You can be critical of Josh McDaniels without being disrespectful.
So, as you can see, there is nothing, not one thing, in the Guidelines that discourage being critical of the team, the front office, the coaches or the players. Not one thing. I am repeating it because it seems to be a belief that I think the words FAN, POSITIVE, AGREE WITH ME, NEVER BE CRITICAL OF THE BRONCOS are synonyms for each other. THEY ARE NOT! I want the criticism to be constructive. Put some thought behind it!