The 12-3 Denver Broncos will host the 2-13 Kansas City Chiefs in their regular season finale at Sports Authority Field at Mile High this Sunday at 2:25 pm MT.
Denver has won the AFC West and is currently tied with Houston for the best record in the AFC. The Broncos are in control for a first-round bye and will earn it with a victory or a New England loss. If Denver wins and Houston loses, the Broncos will clinch home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs.
"Our goal is just to keep winning," says Denver wide receiver Demaryius Thomas about the team’s current 10-game winning streak. "That’s what we’ve done. We’ve won all 10 as a team. That’s all that matters."
PASSING: Brady Quinn: 105/181 for 1,092 yards, 2 TDs, 8 INTs and a 60.8 Passer rating.
RUSHING: Jamaal Charles: 271 carries for 1,456 yards, a 5.4 average and 5 TDs.
RECEIVING: Dwayne Bowe: 59 catches for 801 yards, a 13.6 average and 3 TDs.
OFFENSE: 332.6 (22nd)
DEFENSE: 347.7 (17th)
SACKS: Justin Houston: 10
INTERCEPTIONS: Brandon Flowers: 3
PUNTING: Dustin Colquitt: 46.9
KICKING: Ryan Succop: 98 points (17/17 PAT; 27/32 FG)
PASSING: Peyton Manning: 377/554 for 4,355 yards, 34 TDs, 11 INTs and a 103.7 Passer rating.
RUSHING: Knowshon Moreno: 124 carries for 484 yards, a 3.9 average and 3 TDs.
RECEIVING: Demaryius Thomas: 87 catches for 1,312 yards, a 15.1 average and 9 TDs.
OFFENSE: 391.9 (4th)
DEFENSE: 302.2 (3rd)
SACKS: Von Miller: 17.5
INTERCEPTIONS: Chris Harris, Wesley Woodyard: 3
PUNTING: Britton Colquitt: 46.3
KICKING: Matt Prater: 125 points (50/50 PAT; 25/31 FG)
QB Brady Quinn spent 2 seasons (2010-11) with Denver
- Had 2 TDs and no INTs for a 104.3 rating vs. Broncos on 11/6/08 with Cleveland.
- RB Jamaal Charles rushed for 226 yards, including an 86-yard TD last week.
- He has 3 TD runs of at least 80 yards this season, tied with Chris Johnson (2009 & 2012) and Hall Of Famer BARRY SANDERS (1997) for most in a single season in NFL history.
- Needs 44 rush yards to become the 3rd player in Chiefs history to reach 1,500 rush yards in a season (LARRY JOHNSON & PRIEST HOLMES).
- Jamaal aims for a 3rd straight game with 100+ rush yards vs. Denver (116, 107).
- He has 599 career rush yards vs. the Broncos, the most vs. any team.
- RB Peyton Hillis posted his 1st 100-yard rushing game of the 2012 season last week (101 yards).
- WR Jon Baldwin had a career-long 57-yard reception last week.
- LB Tamba Hali (9) and LB Justin Houston (10) aim to become the first Chiefs duo since NEIL SMITH (11.5) and Hall Of Famer DERRICK THOMAS (11) in 1994 to each register 10 or more Sacks in a season.
- LB Derrick Johnson leads the team with 119 Tackles in 2012.
- Have won 10 consecutive games, the longest active streak in the NFL.
- QB Peyton Manning needs 346 passing yards to set a new career-high (4,700 in 2010).
- Needs 172 passing yards to surpass Jay Cutler (4,526 in 2008) for most in a season in by a Bronco.
- Manning’s teams have reached 12 regular-season wins in 9 different seasons, the most by a starting QB in NFL history.
- He has the most TD passes (34) in a single season by a Broncos Quarteback.
- RB Knowshon Moreno is averaging 122.8 scrimmage yards per game in his past 5 starts.
- For career, Moreno averages 113 scrimmage yards per game vs. Kansas City.
- WR Demaryius Thomas (1,312) needs 88 receiving yards to join ROD SMITH (1,602 in 2000) and Brandon Lloyd (1,448 in 2010) as the only Broncos to reach 1,400 receiving yards in a season.
- WR Eric Decker (988) and Thomas (1,312) can become the first Bronco tandem with 1,000 receiving yards each since 2004 (ROD SMITH and ASHLEY LELIE).
- DE Elvis Dumervil (11) reached 10+ Sacks for the 3rd time in his career.
- LB Von Miller (17.5) surpassed Dumervil (17 in 2009) last week for the most Sacks by a Bronco in a season since 1982.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Get your MHR T-shirt here
Like Me on FaceBook!