The NFL announced the nominees for the FedEx sponsored Air and Ground Players of the Week and Denver Broncos Quarterback Peyton Manning is one of the three finalists for the honor.
Making the right plays on the field takes talent, perseverance, focus and a whole lot of hard work. These six air and ground players really delivered this week and now it's time for the fans to make the call as to the two who will be this week's FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. At FedEx, we know the same skills that made these players successful on the football field are what delivers success in every field. Take a minute to deliver your vote for the players and the business you think had the best plays this week.
FedEx Air -- Quarterback Nominees
- Eli Manning, New York Giants - The younger Manning completed 13 of 21 passes for 208 yards and five touchdowns in the Giants' 42-7 win over the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos - Manning the elder, completed 23 of 29 passes for 304 yards and three touchdowns as the Broncos beat the Kansas City Chiefs, 38-3.
- Christian Ponder, Minnesota Vikings - Ponder completed 16 of 28 passes for 234 yards and three touchdowns in the Vikings' 37-34 victory over the Green Bay Packers.
Vote Now for your selection as Air Player of the Week.
The FedEx Ground Player Of the Week -- Running Back Nominees are:
- Alfred Morris, Washington Redskins - Morris rushed for 200 yards on 33 carries and scored three touchdowns in a 28-18 win over the Dallas Cowboys.
- Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings - Peterson tallied 199 yards on 34 carries and one touchdown in the Vikings' 37-34 win against the Green Bay Packers.
- DeAngelo Williams, Carolina Panthers - Williams gained 210 yards on 21 carries and scored two touchdowns in the Panthers' 44-38 victory over the New Orleans Saints.