clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

No Charges To Be Filed Against Elvis Dumervil

New, comments
Getty Images

Elvis Dumervil was relieved to find out that no charges would be filed for an incident in Miami last month. Dumervil was given the news after Tuesday's training camp workout with the team. Whether or not the Commish decides Dumervil's supposed actions warrant action from the NFL will come in time.

"It was a blessing that the investigators took the time and got the truth out and did their due diligence and tried to get things right," Dumervil said. "I’ve been confident all along –- I know I didn’t do anything wrong. It was a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I’m just ready for football."

Dumervil was arrested on July 15 and initially charged with Aggravated Assault with a Firearm stemming from what was termed a 'road-rage' incident. Dumervil has all along claimed his innocence.

"I was raised a certain way. Having to make that phone call to your mom, getting out of jail, she was the first person I called," he said. "I wanted to make sure she didn’t overreact or get too stressed. She doesn’t take bad news too well. Making that phone call is more than anything what I really remembered from this whole situation. I’m glad to move forward from there."

The Broncos are glad to move on as well.