This Sunday at Sports Authority Field at Mile High, the Denver Broncos will enshrine legendary Wide Receiver Rod Smith as the 23rd member of the Ring of Fame.
The 3rd week of Broncos season is upon us, which means another MHR Contest. The Denver Broncos host old friend Gary Kubiak and the Houston Texans on Sunday afternoon at Mile High. Rod, Kubes, Rick Dennison, Elway and I would imagine, a few more of the old gang will be in attendance to witness the celebration. This will be a great day to be in the Mile High city, it's just too bad I wasn't invited.
Here is a piece of inside information: The Texans have the 1st ranked Defense and are favored by 2 points as of Wednesday.
So make your picks accordingly.
Last week's winner, Mile High Pride, opted to decline the signed Ball cap he won due to the uncleanliness of the circumstances. He felt that he shouldn't celebrate winning a contest when the Broncos lost. I respect that decision and it is time to move forward.
And once more, no one predicted the exact score, so the signed Von Miller jersey remains in play.
This weeks prize will be another Bronco Bucket filled with swag.
Photo by Kaptain Kirk 9/20/12
My dog Allie wanted to be in the picture, but I'm not giving her away. The goodies that come with the 5 quart bucket are:
- Bronco pencils
- A Bumper Sticker
- A tiny rubber (not foam) finger
- A Broncos Pigskin key chain
- A Peyton Manning #18 magnet
- An "Orange Power" rally towel
- Bronco bottle Koozie
- Bronco can Koozie
- One authentic Sports Authority Field Stadium tumbler
- A Broncos fan pack that includes a Mini pennant, a decal and a magnet
- A bottle of G2 Broncos Gatorade featuring a picture of Von Miller.
The Gatorade is in lieu of a bottle of Terrell Davis BBQ sauce.
Here are the Ground Rules:
- List the winning team first. This will make it easier to filter through 225+ comments. Example: Broncos 27 Texans 10. If you think Houston will win: Texans 14 Broncos 13.
- Please, only one entry per contest.
- The closest score without going over will be the winner.
- If there is a tie, there will be a drawing, with a consolation gift for the loser(s).
- If there is a winner for the Jersey, that week a drawing will be held between all the entries that didn't go over with their picks (in that post), for that week's prize offering.
- For those of you who are avid readers, but haven't taken the time to register to comment, there will be more of these, so you might reconsider. There is enough advance notice for the 24 hour probation period for commenting to elapse and still submit an entry for this week.
- Members with multiple user names (accounts) who give multiple guesses, will be disqualified.
Good luck everybody and...