1. Understandably, Larry Fitzgerald had a down year last year. With Carson Palmer on the roster now, is Fitz ready for a rebound?
Is he ever! But it isn't just about Palmer, it is also the fact that he has learned other receiver positions and will line up in the slot a lot more this season, something he has not done much in the NFL. Plus, the Bruce Arians offense stresses vertical plays. That means more Fitz. He should have a Fitz-type year.
2. Ryan Williams has had a bit of a tumultuous career thus far, is this the year he breaks through?
On the Cardinals, probably not. He may not make the final roster. He is currently number five on the depth chart. He will get the majority of the carries on Thursday. He is playing for a spot in the roster. He had a great offseason and start to camp, but then his knee flared up again. He missed the first two preseason games and just hasn't been available. If he can stay healthy, I think he will surprise people somewhere, but it won't likely be here.
3. It was tragic to see Jonathan Cooper break his leg the other day. Are the Cardinals going to shut him down for the year, or hope he can get healthy and return this season?
The team has already said that he could return after about 10-12 weeks. It sounds like he could get in as many as six games. But it did not sound at all like shutting him down is in the mix. Think David DeCastro and his injury last season.
4. Who should us Bronco fans look for once the starters leave?
There are a few. One to watch is Daryl Washington, the Pro Bowler. He is not a starter right now because of his coming suspension. He will look even better with the second and third team guys. Alongside him will be Kevin Minter. He will lay some wood on people. He just loves to hit. On the offensive side of the ball, watch receivers Jaron Brown and Kerry Taylor (who was Brock Osweiler and Omar Bolden's teammate at Arizona State). Lastly, rookie running back Andre Ellington is exciting.
5. How is the attitude of this team under Bruce Arians?
The team loves Arians. They are talking about winning games and the division. They buy into what he is selling. They expect to win and will be disappointed if they don't.