It appears the Denver Broncos top two pass rushers have a bit of a competition between the two. Linebacker Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware are in a race with each other to get to the Quarterback. This competition goes on during games, and even during practice.
"Actually we are in a race," Ware said. "It starts with practice. We always talk about how many pressures we can get in practice, how many tomahawks, how many times we can knock the ball out. And (Thursday) is one of those big days. It’s a third-down day for us. And we’ll know in meetings who got to the quarterback the most. But it carries over into the game. But yeah, it is a race to the quarterback when we’re out there playing."
Ballin' hard? Failures in the run game so far
•Mile High ReportOne quarter of the way through the regular season, the running game has been poor.
The race is on between these two talented pass rushers. Through four games this season Linebacker Von Miller has 4 sacks, and Defensive End DeMarcus Ware has 3 sacks. These sack numbers should continue to rise rapidly throughout the season as offenses will struggle to compensate for both of the talented pass rushers during games.
This early success for these two pass rushers comes as no surprise. Back in June set the bar pretty high by saying that they're looking to be the best pass rushing tandem ever.
"We want to have as many sacks as one team," Ware said in June. "Me and Von talk all the time about it. He threw a number out there, and I said, ‘Why not be the tandem that can say it was the best in the league ever.’ That’s what you want."
Right now the two players have combined for seven total sacks, and are already ahead of a few teams in the total sack department. The two have more combined sacks then the Seahawks, Ravens, Cowboys, 49ers, Cardinals, Falcons, Raiders and the Rams(stats via NFL.com).
While the two have been impressive thus far, Von Miller thinks the two will only get better in the coming weeks.
"I think we haven’t been what we’re going to be," Miller said. "We just stay in the lab, keep working and the sacks will come. We just want to keep getting around the quarterback and things will happen."
I do think the two will only get better/more disruptive in the future. First off Miller is beginning to look like the Von Miller of 2012 where he racked up 18.5 sacks. With Von getting more healthy this will open up more opportunities for Ware, and just make life for opposing quarterbacks pretty awful on Sunday's.
- Arizona Cardinals Quarterback Drew Stanton has been cleared(concussion) to play, and is expected to start for them on Sunday.
- Terry and Tim Pegula have officially been announced as the new owners of the Buffalo Bills Franchise.
- Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson is listed as doubtful, and running back Reggie Bush is unlikely to play. Two big blow to the Lions offense.
- In a typical Bill Belichick move Quarterback Tom Brady is listed as questionable on teams injury report with an ankle injury. Naturally the injury is considered minor and he's expected to play.
- The NFL's Officiating Chief Dean Blandino says that Denver Broncos tight end Julius Thomas's chop block was illegal in two ways.
- Jerry Jones doesn't expect the Cowboys offense to avoid cornerback Richard Sherman on Sunday. That should be interesting with Tony Romo as your Quarterback.
- Texans rookie Linebacker Jadeveon Clowney is looking forward to just hitting someone as he nears his return to the field.
- Dolphins running back Knowshon Moreno is expected to return to the Dolphins this Sunday.
- Bengals Wide Receiver A.J Green will not play this Sunday because of a toe injury.
- The NFL will continue to fine players if they do not cover up competitors' logos under certain guidelines.