If you're in the RED (or live in Alaska or Hawaii) you will get the Broncos game on your local CBS channel. The commentators for the game are Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts.
If you're in the BLUE you'll get Cincinnati @ New Orleans, GREEN is getting Minnesota @ Chicago, PURPLE is Houston @ Cleveland, and YELLOW is the late game Oakland @ San Diego. And in case you're wondering when you can see the Patriots lose a game and give the Broncos back the #1 seed in the AFC that's the Sunday night game. Go Colts!
The Rams are 3-6 and are starting QB Shaun Hill after benching Austin Davis. While on the surface this looks like an easy win for the Broncos there unfortunately are no easy wins in the NFL. Here are a few reasons this game is no gimme.
- It's an early game. The Broncos play more primetime games than early games. And if they don't play in primetime they almost always play in the afternoon games. Sometimes teams don't respond well to different routines and schedules.
- It's a road game. And it's the third road game in a row for the Broncos. Nobody wants to be on the road for three straight weeks. Thanks a lot NFL schedulers!
- The Broncos have had slow starts on the road so far this season. And by slow I mean slooooooooooooowwwwwwww.
- The Broncos O-line is still a work in progress. The Broncos shook up their O-line last week by having three players start at different positions. Couple that shake-up with Orlando Franklin and Ryan Clady being limited in practice this week and you would have to be an extreme optimist to not be a tiny bit concerned about how the well the O-line will do this Sunday.
- Shaun Hill is a bit of an unknown. The only game Hill has started for the Rams was the first game of the season and he only lasted a half before an injury took him out of the game. Hill has started for other teams but it's hard to know how the Rams will use him on Sunday.
- The Rams defense is no joke. (see note above about the Broncos offense having slow starts on the road.)
I predict a win for the Broncos on Sunday but I don't think it will be a walk in the park.
The Broncos are 5-7 all-time against the St. Louis Rams. Kickoff is scheduled for 11:00AM MT.
Since the Broncos will be UNDER THE DOME this Sunday I think that means it's time for a Stephen King movie poll.