Late last night ESPN's Josina Anderson reported that an NFL source has told her that contract talks between the Denver Broncos and cornerback Chris Harris Jr. have "stalled a bit".
An NFL source tells me that contract extension talks b/w the Denver Broncos & CB Chris Harris have "stalled (cont) http://t.co/TK8ZOG5wSC— Josina Anderson (@JosinaAnderson) November 19, 2014
She goes on to say that the two sides last talked last week after the initial exchange. There was a counter offer, but nothing since then.
Harris is in the midst of his final year of his contract, and is earning himself a big payday come this offseason. According to Pro Football Focus, Denver Broncos cornerback Chris Harris Jr. is currently rated as the top corner in the NFL right now.
The Broncos clearly see Harris as a priority, and it's promising that the two sides have already exchanged numbers prior to the offseason. With guys like Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas, Terrance Knighton and others being free agents at seasons end the Broncos will face some tough decisions going forward.
Locking up Harris will give the Broncos a very talented secondary going forward. Veteran Aqib Talib is signed long term, and rookie Bradley Roby is showing flashes of greatness
- The Minnesota Vikings have claimed running back Ben Tate of waivers. The Cleveland Browns waived him earlier this week.
- The Buffalo Bills and New York Jets game in Buffalo could be delayed some after 5 to 6 feet of snow has fallen in the area.
- Washington Redskins wide receiver DeSean Jackson says he nearly signed with the San Francisco 49ers this offseason.
- Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon is coming off his suspension and is planning to "tear up the league".
- Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch was fined $100k for avoiding the media.
- New York Jets Quarterback Michael Vick says that he would like to play two more seasons in the NFL.