One thing that has made C.J. Anderson successful the past few weeks has been his ability to gain yards after contact. Last week against the Kansas City Chiefs Anderson averaged 2.81 yards after contact per rush. The league average 1.82 yards after contact per rush. Since taking over for the injured Ronnie Hillman, Anderson only trails Washington Redskins running back Alfred Morris in yards after contact.
Anderson is basically a bowling ball. He uses his low center of gravity to bounce off defenders. He also uses a bit of science.
DT, Talib probable; Julius questionable
•Mile High ReportIt's week 14 in the NFL, and there are 16 Broncos players on this week's injury report. Yikes!
"I remember watching film of Jamaal Charles, and he's a great runner. But he's taking hits to his upper body constantly," said Anderson, "I am not doing that. No, no, no. I look for the edge on you to create glancing contact."
Anderson uses his vision to keep his body in good position to avoid big hits from defenders. Also his frame(5'8, 224lbs) makes it hard for defenders to get a square hit on him.
"They’re all major. No matter who we play they’re all major. Buffalo has a good defense. They lead the league in sacks. I think Miami did when they came here, too. If we just focus on us and execute the way we know we execute and the way we want, the outcome will be what we want it to be."
One part of home field advantage is having the crowd be loud and get into the head of the opponent. Well there's one fun/simple way for the home crowd to get into the head of Buffalo Bills quarterback Kyle Orton this Sunday.
I'm all for moving on and paying due respects for Kyle Orton's days in Denver. But not on gameday. Get in that dude's head. #TEBOW
— MileHighReport (@MileHighReport) December 6, 2014
When Orton takes the field for the first time Sunday afternoon the home crowd should give out a big "TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBOWWWWWWWWW" chant.
Naturally this will be followed by "IN-COM-PLETE" chant.
So if you're going to the game Sunday or know someone who is, make sure to pass this along to them.
- Chicago Bears wide receiver Brandon Marshall is out for the year after suffering a broken rib and a collapsed lung during Thursday Nights game against the Dallas Cowboys.
- Jets coaches deny that there's a "toxic" atmosphere in the teams locker room.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have released offensive coordinator Jeff Tedford from his contract on Friday.
- Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant doesn't care who sees his sideline temper tantrums.
- Dallas Cowboys Quarterback Tony Romo is banged up as usual. The quarterback is dealing with a rib injury as well as a back injury.
- The Arizona Cardinals will turn to Stefan Taylor this Sunday to be the teams starting running back. '
- Punters are people too. The St. Louis Rams have signed punter Johnny Hekker to a new six year - 18 million dollar contract extension.
- Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce has been fined $11,025 for his obscene gesture towards linebacker Von Miller.