After a solid two weeks of Seattle Seahawks love and general doubt about the Denver Broncos (real or imagined), the "experts" in the media have given their picks for Super Bowl XLVIII.
With the Super Bowl starting later today, we will have a plethora of articles covering every aspect of the big game today. Most of us will likely end up at parties for the actual game, but if you are like me and need to watch this game alone, pop in for our game threads.
Let's go ahead and review what the mainstream media has to say about who is going to win this game.
|Website||Denver Broncos||Seattle Seahawks|
|Pro Football Focus||7||1|
It's not surprising that NFL.com is hating on the Denver Broncos as that's kind of been their deal for weeks now. Other than that and some minor homerism with SB Nation, the Broncos hold a solid edge over the Seahawks on most media outlets.
The results surprised me actually as I expected the narrative from the two weeks to continue once these picks game through, but just like the AFC Divisional Playoffs and the AFC Championship game the pre-game narrative evaporated into a slew of picks for Peyton Manning and the Broncos.
Broncos 38, Seahawks 16.
The matchup is great, but often when its strength against strength there is one team that pulls away for a convincing victory. The final score will not mean one team is that much greater than the other - its just how football is sometimes.
- Broncos Coach John Fox has $1 million on the line Sunday
- Super Bowl 2014 photos and tweets: Broncos players ready for gameday
- MHR Radio Podcast 2.24 - The Champ Bailey Episode, Super Bowl XLVIII Edition
- Super Bowl 2014 Six Pack: John Elway's "Plan A" Is Today
- Super Bowl Weather Update: Final Weather Update For Super Bowl XLVIII
- Super Bowl 2014: Game time, TV schedule, odds, weather and more for Broncos vs. Seahawks
- Broncos QB Peyton Manning named NFL MVP