The Raiders trade for Quarterback Matt Schaub:
Official: As reported this am, QB Matt Schaub traded to Oakland for a 6th-round pick this year.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 21, 2014
Schaub had a terrible season in 2013, throwing 14 interceptions to 10 touchdowns in just 8 starts. Schaub also set a record for throwing a pick-six in four straight regular season games. The Broncos defense has to be celebrating the fact that they will be facing Schaub potentially twice this upcoming season.
Most teams would pass on trading for a quarterback who is coming off a terrible season, and has a 10.93 million dollar cap hit, but not the Oakland Raiders!
According to the Silver and Black Pride, the Raiders HAVE to spend 21 million dollars to reach the 2014 cap floor.
For most teams, Schaub's $10.93 million cap hit would be a problem. Not for the Raiders who were still $25 million under the salary cap and must still spend $21 million of that (leaving the expected $3.88 million on the books for the rookie wage pool). Schaub's contract puts a nice dent in that.
Somethings never change.
Andrew Mason Mocks Linebacker Chris Borland to the Broncos In his latest Mock Draft:
Borland would fill a big need for the Broncos at Inside Linebacker. He's a helluva football player. Great instincts, and his a tackling machine. His motor and heart are never questioned, but the thing that could hold him back at the next level is his height. Borland comes in at 5'11, 248lbs and has 29 1/4" arms. That's pretty small for a starting NFL linebacker.
While I am a fan of Borland, I question whether or not he's a first round talent or not. His tape doesn't lie, but his height, and small arms do worry me a bit.
What do you guys think?
Manning, and Elway in NFL's Bracketology:
The question about who's the greatest Quarterback of All-Time will be answered by the fans via NFL.com. They have a bracket of 32 NFL Quarterback greats from four different eras, and us fans get to vote to see who's the greatest. The Broncos have two quarterbacks on this list. One being John Elway, and the other being current starter Peyton Manning.
Lets take a look who our two Broncos greats are matched up against.
2. Peyton Manning -- Colts/Broncos, 1998-present
7. Russell Wilson -- Seahawks, 2012-present
3. John Elway -- Broncos, 1983-1998
6. Dan Fouts -- Chargers, 1973-1987
These are two very easy votes if you ask me
- Andrew Mason takes a look around the Internet at draft pundits' latest projections for the Broncos' pick at No. 31in the 2014 NFL Draft.
- A few Broncos get new numbers. DeMarcus Ware gets 94, Knighton switches to 98, Aqib Talib gets 21, and Ronnie Hillman switches to 23.
- Andrew Mason takes a look at what Running Back prospects may interest the Broncos in May's NFL Draft.
- Former Broncos Running Back Knowshon Moreno visted with the Miami Dolphins today. Could the former first round pick sign with the Dolphins this weekend?
- According to Broncos safety T.J Ward, the Cleveland Browns did not offer him a contract during the Free Agency period. Their loss, and the Broncos gain!