Ballin' for 6.5 YPC
Montee Ball is no slouch at running back, especially over the final six weeks of the 2013 season. I recalled he came on strong late in the season, but I had no idea he was this strong. That is a good thing, since Knowshon Moreno is no longer with the Denver Broncos, having signed with the Miami Dolphins this week.
Over the final 6 wks of 2013, only Jamaal Charles (6.6) averaged more yards per carry than Broncos RB Montee Ball (6.5, 52-337).— Patrick Smyth (@psmyth12) March 27, 2014
Elway Now Focused on Draft
John Elway spoke of the big board and draft preparation yesterday. More importantly, he identified how great he feels knowing he can go into this years' draft totally focused on picking up the best players available rather than reaching for needs. The roster certainly speaks for itself.
Time to fire up this awesome draft simulation tool again. I hear the have a premium section that allow trades and other cool things, but I have not yet giving it a shot.
Mile High Stadium Art Winner Announced
In case you missed it, someone won this awesome drawing of Mile High Stadium. I have my own and if you want to gift a friend or family member something, this would definitely be well received. My in-laws are San Francisco Giants fans and I think we're going to end up picking up AT&T Park for them. Beats the usual kitchen towels gift anyway...
Big congrats to @kentura82 on winning this Mile High Stadium poster from @BallparkArt! http://t.co/BDTCIPHGRA pic.twitter.com/yiO0tJNcTU— MileHighReport (@MileHighReport) March 26, 2014
- Broncos TV caught up with Joe Ellis after the owners meeting this week.
- After witnessing the disaster in New Jersey, I am decidedly against a Super Bowl in the Mile High City. That is, unless the Broncos are not going to be in it!
- John Fox says he would do EVERYTHING differently if the Broncos return to the Super Bowl. Yeah, I'd hope so!
- The New England Patriots and Broncos have done everything they could this offseason so far to ensure they meet again next season in the conference championship.
- Johnny Manziel apparently wowed everyone at his Pro Day. The dude is like Tim Tebow with accuracy. Take him with first pick and hope he isn't a knucklehead...
- Jim Irsay has issues. Lots of them. Hopefully prison time will get him the help he needs.