The MHR Community Mock Draft keeps chugging along, and in case you didn't know, it is currently scheduled to finish on May 7th - the eve of the actual 2014 NFL Draft.
And with 20th pick in the 2014 Mile High Report Community Mock NFL Draft, the Arizona Cardinals select...
Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State
Braden Montgomery writes...
With the 20th pick in the 2014 MileHighReport mock draft the Arizona Cardinals select Ryan Shazier Lb Ohio State.
I didn’t choose Shazier just to mess with my fellow Bronco fans (maybe). The Arizona Cardinals roster has no immediate glaring holes in its roster and has the luxury of drafting BPA. Ryan Shazier has the potential to be a special Linebacker in the NFL.
Shazier has an unofficial 40 time of 4.36 with mass production in his college days will not allow him to escape the 1st round. The NFC west is brutal with Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson leading the way. The Cardinals have the perfect counter to their scrambling Qbs with Shazier acting as a spy. Cardinals lost Karlos Dansby to free agency. Their current MLBs are the outstanding Darryl Washington and recently drafted Kevin Minter out of LSU. As you may have heard Darryl Washington is in some legal trouble and is likely to be suspended once again by the NFL. These facts coupled with who I think is BPA ultimately led to me deciding to draft Shazier.
Right Tackle was a position I considered but the top Tackles were taken. Joel Bitonio and Morgan Moses i would consider slight reaches at #20. Tight end I can see as a weakness for the Cardinals and Eric Ebron was still on the board. I do not even consider him a top 15 prospect so he has barely "fallen" to me. Quality Tight ends can be found in the later rounds. Quarterback was an interesting avenue i could have gone. For some reason i think Zach Mettenberger will be drafted by the cards probably in the 2nd round or 3rd round. Derek Carr would probably be a reach at 20, USC exposed him. Cj Mosley could have easily been chosen here but concerns about his knee made me pass on him.
Ryan Shazier is a big favorite of mine so I really like this pick for the Cardinals. Daryl Washington could be facing another suspension so Shazier could step in and replace him in their defense. He could play all three downs for the Cardinals, and could help them by blitzing up the middle. Very solid pick here.
1. Houston Texans (ten_fiver) - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
2. St. Louis Rams (3amigosriseagain) - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
3. Jacksonville Jaguars (Jon Heath) - Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
4. Cleveland Browns (Mad Mel) - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
5. Oakland Raiders (Mancar) - Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
6. Atlanta Falcons (DeBroGermany) - Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Old Numero 7) - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
8. Minnesota Vikings (WYOrangeCrush) - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
9. Buffalo Bills (Arimaris) - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
10. Detroit Lions (OregonBronco) - Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
11. Tennessee Titans (C-Pain) - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
12. New York Giants (DROPSWITCH) - Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA
13. St. Louis Rams (Nastyj) - Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
14. Chicago Bears (rstabenau) - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, UCLA
15. Pittsburgh Steelers (christiandomis) - Darqueze Denard, CB Michigan State
16. Dallas Cowboys (ElwayFanJ) - Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State
17. Baltimore Ravens (mikebirty) - Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
18. New York Jets (FlyingJet12) - Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
19. Miami Dolphins (@CPru37t) - Zack Martin, T/G, Notre Dame
20. Arizona Cardinals (Braden.Montgomery) Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio St.
21. Green Bay Packers (pmmojo)
22. Philadelphia Eagles (Joseph Mahoney)
23. Kansas City Chiefs (blazezeal)
24. Cincinnati Bengals (Alec474)
25. San Diego Chargers (boltfanindenver)
26. Cleveland Browns (Whorfin)
27. New Orleans Saints (OrangeCrush19)
28. Carolina Panthers (horatiohog)
29. New England Patriots (crushsg)
30. San Francisco 49ers (frankencrank)
31. Denver Broncos (jmarlin8)
32. Seattle Seahawks (rclooman)