Montee Ball: "Its my job"
Broncos second year running back spoke to the media yesterday, and he said he's ready to replace Knowshon Moreno as the Broncos premiere back.
"I know for a fact they're not going to hand it to me," Ball said Wednesday. "We're all going to get our opportunities through OTAs and camp to show who can be the most productive. But for me, my mentality is that it is my job and no one is going to take it from me."
Ball will face some competition from last years undrafted rookie C.J Anderson, and third-year back Ronnie Hillman. I would also expect the Broncos to add another back or two via the NFL Draft next week.
Ball also knows he has to improve his game this offseason if he wants to replace Moreno in the starting lineup.
“I just got done talking to our running backs coach (Eric Studesville) about it,” Ball said. “All the experiences that I went through, I understand now the longevity of the season—how long it is. You have to take more pride and take care of your body—hydrating well, sleep, massages and all that stuff. But on top of that, just really focusing on the playbook week by week. In our offense, we’re capable of changing a play day by day.”
If the Broncos want to have success in the 2014 season they're going to need Ball to have a solid season for them. I for one think he's due for a breakout season, and will top 1,200 yards rushing for the Broncos in 2014.
- The Broncos gave you an inside look at the construction going on at Dove Valley
- The Broncos Executive Vice President of Football Operations/GM is receiving the Champion of Youth Award at the Boys and Girls Clubs Gala.
- Denver Broncos Quarterback Peyton Manning will be on The Late Show with David Letterman on May 5th. Set your DVRs Broncos Country!
- The Tennessee Titans are not picking up Quarterback Jake Lockers Fifth-Year option, and the Quarterback will be a free agent next season.
- The St. Louis Rams are working out a trio of Texas A&M prospects before next weeks NFL Draft. The Rams have two picks in the top 15 of the draft.
- In a somewhat comical development, Florida State Quarterback Jameis Winston was cited for shoplifting crab legs Wednesday.