The Packers have needs at safety, ILB, & TE-- since I think Eric Ebron is as likely a bust as there is in the draft, none of the available players at those positions suits the needs very well. All can be addressed in later rounds.
I firmly believe the Packers are all about splash players-- pass rushers, playmakers on O. They're going to surround Rodgers with a stream of weapons for years to come-- recently they had Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson, Greg Jennings, and James Jones on the roster... still they selected Randall Cobb. Just a couple of years later, Driver retired, Jennings and Jones moved on, and Cobb is now arguably the star of their offense. Adding to the void, JerMichael Finley has a fused spine and won't be back.
Aaron Rodgers and the gang need to refill the prescription.
So with the 21st selection in the MHR Mock Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State
One look at the NFL statistics for receiving-- especially yards and TDs-- reveals a huge trend. Big receivers make up most of the list. Odell Beckham would be a fine choice here, but I'm going with the guy I think may end up being the most productive WR in this class, even above Evans and Watkins.
Put Benjamin together with Rodgers and on the field with Cobb & Nelson-- he's a TD machine that will create matchup problems galore. You can run Cobb from the slot, forcing a CB to cover him all over the field with no boundary to help. You can put this pick in the slot and every available cover guy will be smaller or shorter-- he's criticized for speed, yet he repeatedly ran by future NFL CBs like Purifoy, Roberson, Cockrell, & Davis. He's criticized for drops, although he had something like 8 career drops vs 19 TDs.
Drops are bad but TDs are much better.
1. Houston Texans (ten_fiver) - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
2. St. Louis Rams (3amigosriseagain) - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
3. Jacksonville Jaguars (Jon Heath) - Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
4. Cleveland Browns (Mad Mel) - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
5. Oakland Raiders (Mancar) - Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
6. Atlanta Falcons (DeBroGermany) - Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Old Numero 7) - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
8. Minnesota Vikings (WYOrangeCrush) - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
9. Buffalo Bills (Arimaris) - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
10. Detroit Lions (OregonBronco) - Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
11. Tennessee Titans (C-Pain) - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
12. New York Giants (DROPSWITCH) - Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA
13. St. Louis Rams (Nastyj) - Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
14. Chicago Bears (rstabenau) - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, UCLA
15. Pittsburgh Steelers (christiandomis) - Darqueze Denard, CB Michigan State
16. Dallas Cowboys (ElwayFanJ) - Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State
17. Baltimore Ravens (mikebirty) - Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
18. New York Jets (FlyingJet12) - Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
19. Miami Dolphins (@CPru37t) - Zack Martin, T/G, Notre Dame
20. Arizona Cardinals (Braden.Montgomery) - Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State
21. Green Bay Packers (@AccidentalZen) - Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State
22. Philadelphia Eagles (Joseph Mahoney) -
23. Kansas City Chiefs (blazezeal)
24. Cincinnati Bengals (Alec474)
25. San Diego Chargers (boltfanindenver)
26. Cleveland Browns (Whorfin)
27. New Orleans Saints (OrangeCrush19)
28. Carolina Panthers (horatiohog)
29. New England Patriots (crushsg)
30. San Francisco 49ers (frankencrank)
31. Denver Broncos (jmarlin8)
32. Seattle Seahawks (rclooman)