The Denver Broncos selected LSU Inside Linebacker Lamin Barrow in the 5th round of the 2014 NFL Draft. Barrow adds some depth to the Broncos Linebackers, and will contribute on special teams. Barrow could potentially see time in sub-packages next to Danny Trevathan.
Lamin Barrow enjoyed a four year career at LSU where he was a productive linebacker for two of the four years that he was there.
Height: 6'1 Weight: 237lbs 40 Time: 4.64
Bench Press: 22 reps Vertical: 35.0 inches
Broad Jump: 123.0 inches 3-Cone Drill: 7.24 inches
20 Yard Shuttle: 4.35 seconds
- Athletic: Barrow is a very athletic linebacker. Ran a 4.64 at the combine, and has good foot quickness.
- Long Arms: Barrow has long arms that helps him get off blockers.
- Coverage: Barrow is a good coverage linebacker. Plays tight coverage, and turns his head to make plays on the ball.
- Intangibles: Barrow is a hard worker, he's tough and he was a vocal team leader for the LSU defense.
- Versatility: He can play on the weak-side or inside for the defense. Also has experience on special teams.
- Small Frame: Barrow doesn't have the biggest frame. Destined to be a weak-side linebacker/sub package guy.
- Not a Downhill Player: Barrow has had issues with making plays at or near the line of scrimmage. A good number of his plays came down the field.
- Over-Aggressive: Barrow can be a bit aggressive and often over runs some plays
- Tackling: Needs to work on his tackling technique in the pros.
- inexperienced: Barrow is a bit of a late bloomer, and needs to develop some still.