The Denver Broncos selected Boise State center Matthew Paradis in the sixth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. Paradis will compete with Starter Manny Rameriz, veteran Will Montgomery and others for playing time, and potentially a roster spot.
We've picked C Matt Paradis from Boise St. A smart, versatile player who was leader of OL. Was a Bronco in college and will stay a Bronco!— John Elway (@johnelway) May 10, 2014
Height: 6'3 Weight: 306lbs 40 Time: 5.34 seconds
Bench Press: 23 reps Vertical Jump: 26 inches
Broad Jump: 103.0 Inches 3 Cone Drill: 7.60 seconds
20 Yard Shuttle: 4.46 seconds
- Run Blocking: Paradis is a strong blocker, and moves defensive players backwards.
- Pass Blocking: Has a firm base, and doesn't let much past him
- Intangibles: Paradis has terrific intangibles. Paradis shows leadership traits. He is humble, hardworking and highly respected by coaches and teammates.
- Intelligent: Paradis is alert to stunts and blitz's. Need that from your center.
- Strong Punch: Paradis has a quick initial burst off the line, and has a strong initial punch off the snap.
- Frame: Paradis doesn't have a big frame, and is maxed out size wise.
- Average Athlete: Isn't very athletic. Ran in the 5.2's at the combine, and only benched 23 times.
- Issues Against Size: Paradis may have issues against the bigger/stronger defensive tackles in the pros.
- Durability: Paradis's hip may be an issue in the future.