The NFL and the Colts announced Friday that outside linebacker Robert Mathis was suspended four games for violating the league's performance-enhancing drug policy.
Robert Mathis was suspended four games for taking Clomid, the same substance Manny Ramirez once was suspended for.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 16, 2014
This is a huge hit for the Colts defense who are scheduled to head to Mile High week one to take on Peyton Manning and the Broncos loaded offense.
Mathis victimized Broncos starting Left Tackle Chris Clark when they met up last season. However, Mathis would have been facing All-Pro Left Tackle Ryan Clady this time around.
Either way, this news makes the Broncos an already bigger favorite to start out the season 1-0.
Read more about the Robert Mathis suspension here.
Wes Welker made an extra 14k at the Kentucky Derby:
and he's not paying it back
Churchill Downs says they gave person in Wes Welker’s group $14K too much on winning bet http://t.co/ylC8O3qOQc— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) May 16, 2014
I don't blame him. I wouldn't give it back either.
- The New York Jets claimed running back Daryl Richardson off waivers. Richardson was waived by the St. Louis Rams on Thursday.
- Despite probably being without receiver Josh Gordon for an extended period of time, the Cleveland Browns have cut former second round pick Greg Little.
- Apparently Johnny Manziel texted the Cleveland Browns telling them to draft him. This made the Browns brass to "pull the trigger" and draft the former Texas A&M Quarterback.
- The NFL Networks Bucky Brooks graded the AFC West on their 2014 NFL Draft selection. Check out what grade he gave to the Denver Broncos, and their division rivals.
- Michael Sam's reality tv show on the Oprah Winfrey's network has been reportedly postponed.
- Are you a Madden Football fan? If so you can vote on the Madden Cover athlete here. Richard Sherman and Cam Newton are currently the leading vote getters.