The 2014 Mile High Report Community Mock Draft has nearly reached its conclusion. Tomorrow, Denver Broncos GM jmarlin8 will choose for all of Broncos Country. He's already made his choice. "The pick is in," as they say on ESPN or NFL Network. Check for it at 9am MDT Wednesday.
But let's open it up to the MHR community to see who we all would pick!
The Broncos' pick was almost too easy - LB C.J. Mosley fell to the 30th spot, and it looked like he would then fall to the Broncos at 31. Great value meets great need to make a great pick. Instead, 49ers GM frankencrank surprised everyone and took him at 30, leaving the Broncos with a different outlook of their board.
Now here we sit, and there's no easy pick. Some of the most common guys mock-drafted to the Broncos - Mosley, Ryan Shazier, Kony Ealy - are all gone.
Below are the results of the MHR Mock Draft to date. Below that are the top five available according to a massive project MHR Staffer Topher Doll undertook - a Big Board database that combines and averages the big boards from the likes of SB Nation, CBS, Yahoo!, and more. We'll be publishing that in its entirety tomorrow as well.
The Results So Far
- Houston Texans (ten_fiver) - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
- St. Louis Rams (3amigosriseagain) - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
- Jacksonville Jaguars (Jon Heath) - Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
- Cleveland Browns (Mad Mel) - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
- Oakland Raiders (Mancar) - Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
- Atlanta Falcons (DeBroGermany) - Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Old Numero 7) - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
- Minnesota Vikings (WYOrangeCrush) - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
- Buffalo Bills (Arimaris) - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
- Detroit Lions (OregonBronco) - Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
- Tennessee Titans (C-Pain) - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
- New York Giants (DROPSWITCH) - Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA
- St. Louis Rams (Nastyj) - Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
- Chicago Bears (rstabenau) - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, UCLA
- Pittsburgh Steelers (christiandomis) - Darqueze Denard, CB Michigan State
- Dallas Cowboys (ElwayFanJ) - Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State
- Baltimore Ravens (mikebirty) - Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
- New York Jets (FlyingJet12) - Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
- Miami Dolphins (@CPru37t) - Zack Martin, T/G, Notre Dame
- Arizona Cardinals (Braden.Montgomery) - Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State
- Green Bay Packers (pmmojo) - Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State
- Philadelphia Eagles (Joseph Mahoney) - Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
- Kansas City Chiefs (blazezeal) - Odell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU
- Cincinnati Bengals (Alec474) - Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
- San Diego Chargers (boltfanindenver) - Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
- Cleveland Browns (Whorfin) - Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
- New Orleans Saints (OrangeCrush19) - Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
- Carolina Panthers (horatiohog) - Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
- New England Patriots (crushsg) - Eric Ebron, TE, UNC
- San Francisco 49ers (frankencrank) - C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama
- Denver Broncos (jmarlin8)
- Seattle Seahawks (rclooman)
Top Five Available
18. Louis Nix, DT, UCLA
24. Marqise Lee, WR, USC
27. Kyle Fuller, CB, Ohio State
28. Xavier Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA
32. Dee Ford, DE, Auburn
Who would you pick?
Note that I was faced with an extremely similar situation in the SB Nation Blogger Mock Draft. I went with the highest player on my personal board, Xavier Su'a-Filo. Which way would you go? Let us know in the poll and in the comments!