Due to construction at the Denver Broncos training facility, the Broncos are unable to host training camp practices open to the public at Dove Valley in 2014. So they decided to hold three open to the public practices at Sports Authority Field at Mile during Training Camp. The first of those three practices is happening Sunday. Practice is scheduled to begin around 11:30 a.m. MT and end at 2pm MT.
With a large crowd expected, the Broncos are encouraging fans to arrive early and utilize carpools and public transportation to get to the stadium. Sports Authority Field at Mile High is served by both the Sports Authority Field at Mile High light rail station and the Decatur-Federal station located south of the stadium adjacent to parking lot M. The Decatur-Federal station is part of the West Corridor Light Rail and is a walk of approximately 10 minutes to the stadium. All light rail riders should purchase a round-trip ticket at your initial boarding station to avoid delays after the practice.
Admission and parking for the event are free. All public stadium lots will open at 10 a.m.; however, lots are expected to fill up quickly. Free overflow parking will be located in the Auraria Campus parking lots. Please see below for other reminders and fan information for Sunday’s practice:
- Parking in the neighborhood streets surrounding Sports Authority Field at Mile High is strictly prohibited (Guests who park in the neighborhoods surrounding Sports Authority Field at Mile High are subject to citation and tow by the City of Denver’s Right of Way and Permit Enforcement Division).
- Fans are encouraged to arrive early to avoid delays entering the stadium as a large crowd is expected. Nearly 45,000 fans attended last season’s open practice at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.
- Entry to the stadium will be through Gates 4, 8, 9 & 10.
- The NFL bag policy will be in effect for Sunday’s practice. Bags must be soft-sided and no larger than 12" x 12" x 12". Non-alcoholic beverages in plastic bottles that are still factory sealed are permitted through stadium gates.
- Seating for the practice is general admission. Fans will be directed to the seating areas of the stadium that will be open.
Here's the timeline for the Broncos practice at Sports Authority Field at Mile High
- 8 a.m. All Parking Lots Open
- 10 a.m. Gates Open (4, 8, 9, 10)
- 11:30 a.m. Team walkthrough begins
- 12-2 p.m. Practice
Pro tip: Want a player autograph? Then you really want to show up early, and sit near the front! You never which sideline Peyton Manning is going to visit, but Broncos players will be all around the stadium.
For more information go here.