The Broncos lost a key piece to their defensive puzzle on Tuesday, as starting linebacker and leading tackler Danny Trevathan was carted off the practice field with a leg injury, later identified as a leg fracture, which will keep the Broncos starter off of the field for 6-8 weeks. Trevathan will likely miss games against the Colts, Chiefs, and Seahawks, before making a return to game action against the Cardinals in Week 5, following a Week 4 bye. Trevathan let Broncos Country know that the only way he'll ever leave the field is if he physically is unable to be on it.
Slightly less (but almost as) importantly, the Mile High Report staff challenged Denver Broncos players to take the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge on Tuesday, including call-outs of the starting offensive line, Peyton Manning, Demaryius Thomas, Von Miller, and the Broncos' kickers. See the staffers' videos here, and make sure to donate to the ALS Association here.
- The Broncos and their newly-formed physical secondary are looking to avoid penalties in 2014 by solving the riddles of officiating crews.
- Rahim Moore thinks that he and Broncos safety T.J. Ward can dominate like the Seahawks' safeties did in 2013; he wants to lead the league in interceptions and be named an All-Pro.
- Peyton Manning was not a fan of the fight that broke out in Broncos practice on Tuesday.
- Speaking of the fight, apparently former Oklahoma Sooners, Brennan Clay and Quinton Carter were part of the scuffle which broke out on Monday.
- Despite being talked down so far in camp, rookie cornerback Bradley Roby was apparently quite the hit as the master of ceremonies at the Broncos' rookie show, which included impressions of teammates and coaches.
- Broncos prepare for upcoming joint practices with the Texans, while the defense makes it hard on the offense in practice.
- Peyton is showing a lighter side to himself in camp this year; thinks that Jay Z and Kanye West have nothing to worry about, and tells reporters that the chain in his viral Fantasy Football Fantasy video with Eli was a prop (Eli brought his own clothes).
- The Denver Broncos will host a moms football safety clinic on Wednesday, which will teach moms from 15 different Colorado youth leagues things such as tackling mechanics, concussion awareness, and heat and hydration safety.
- If anyone would like to learn more about the injury that Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan suffered in practice Tuesday, look no further.
- Former Broncos' QB Tim Tebow officially started his tenure with the SEC Network, and most people enjoyed his analysis.