1. Replacing Prater:
Earlier this week it was announced that Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater has been suspended 4 games for PEDs. The Broncos decided to move on from rookie Mitch Ewald, and sent a conditional 7th round pick to the New York Giants for kicker Brandon McManus.
This is a big opportunity for McCanus. He is not guaranteed a roster spot, but a good showing tonight will lock him into being the Denver Broncos starting kicker for at least the first four games of the NFL season.
If not? The Broncos could be in the market again for a kicker.
2. A bounce back for Osweiler?:
Denver Broncos quarterback Brock Osweiler was enjoying a very good preseason until last week. Osweiler struggled against the Houston Texans. He made a few bad decisions, and just didn't look like the same quarterback from the prior two weeks.
Well this week Brock Osweiler will get the start against the average at best Dallas Cowboys defense. This hopefully will be the last time we see Osweiler play for extended action in 2014, so lets hope he ends it on a good note.
3. Is Isaiah Burse the Broncos return specialist?:
It's been a week since the Broncos lost receiver/return specialist Jordan Norwood for the entire year. CFA Isaiah Burse now has the inside track on being the Broncos sixth receiver and the kick and punt returner.
If Burse has a solid showing tonight I would expect him to be the Broncos returner for the season. Now if he struggles, the Broncos could search the waiver wire for a returner.
4. Watching the young guys:
The Broncos plan to play their young players a lot tonight to see if some can separate themselves from the pack and make the Broncos 53 man roster.
Rookies Bradley Roby, Cody Latimer, Michael Schofield, Lamin Barrow, Matt Paradis, and Corey Nelson all expect to see plenty of playing time tonight.
5. Fighting for a roster spot:
The final preseason game is always exciting to watch. The starters sit, and the guys fighting for a roster spot, and potentially their NFL careers give their all on the field.
Since the Denver Broncos roster is pretty deep they will be letting go some talented players. So these guys will be playing for a job on the Broncos as well as the other 31 teams.
- Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon's suspension appeal has been denied by the NFL, and he will be suspended for the entire 2014 season.
- Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Jurrell Casey signs a four-year 36 million dollar deal. This deal will only make signing Terrance "Pot Roast" Knighton even harder next offseason.
- Former Patriot guard Logan Mankins refused to take a pay cut, and that's why they decided to trade him to Tampa Bay.
- Linebacker James Harrison is visiting the Arizona Cardinals today. Could the former Steeler sign with the Cards?
- The Cowboys and receiver Dez Bryant are getting close to a contract extension.
- Instead of looking into a name change, the Washington Redskins are beginning the process of planning for a new stadium.