Today's the day for Wes Welker's potential re-instatement
Per ProFootballTalk, the NFLPA will be voting on a new drug policy which was presented to them by the NFL on Thursday. Player representatives from each team have been asked to create time to review and likely vote on the policy on Friday. If the new policy were to be adopted, which is not guaranteed, Broncos receiver Wes Welker would receive reinstatement and be able to play in this Sunday's game.
If Welker does receive reinstatement, will he be able to get up to speed on this week's game-plan; or rather, would offensive coordinator Adam Gase have time to plan for Welker's presence within the lineup? Well, Gase touched on the subject after Thursday's practice, stating that he's "not going to worry about it. If something happens I'll deal with it when that time comes".
It's a lame answer, but it's the only way to play out the situation, as there's no telling how the vote will go and when the actual reinstatement would occur. A lot of things are still up in the air, but what we know right now is that the vote is likely to occur on Friday, and if the policy is adopted it would almost assuredly mean a reinstatement for Welker.
- Despite their win over the Colts, the Broncos were looking for ways to improve next week, particularly in the run game.
- Denver Broncos Week One rookie report: Roby flashes, Latimer a promising work-in-progress, Barrow, Nelson, and Burse contribute on specials.
- After a successful comeback in his first game back from ACL surgery eight months ago, Chris Harris should be able to put in a more full game this week, with one more week of conditioning and practice under his belt.
- Denver receiver Emmanuel Sanders, who was moments from signing with the Chiefs in the off-season, has created some enemies in Kansas City, according to fellow SBNation blog Arrowhead Pride.
- Also over on Arrowhead Pride, it appears that Chiefs fans dislike John Elway much more than Peyton Manning. In all fairness, Elway was the one who orchestrated Manning's arrival in Denver, so Peyton's dominance of the Chiefs can be credited at least partially to Elway.
- A simulation of the upcoming week's game against the Chiefs was performed on Madden over on KC Kingdom, resulting in a 26-20 victory for the Broncos. Be sure to check out MHR member the_prodigal_fan's Madden predictions before this week's game.
Broncos Tweet(s) of the Day: Terrance Knighton (@MrKnighton2u)
Is Antonio brown coming back? #nervousfantasyowner— Terrance Knighton (@MrKnighton2u) September 12, 2014
Give me a free Jayz album. Not some damn U2 album— Terrance Knighton (@MrKnighton2u) September 12, 2014
Broncos Quote of the Day: Demarcus Ware, RE: Von Miller as Broncos' NFLPA Rep
"I think, at the end of the day, when you see guys that are doing the right thing, especially where he came from, him being voted as the player rep--- he deserves that. We're behind him 100 percent."