The Denver Broncos rookie wide receiver hasn't seen the field much during the teams first three regular season games this season. Latimer was active week one, but did not see a single snap on offense. Latimer's only action has been on special teams where he has seen 10 snaps.
This would frustrate many young receivers, but Latimer is staying positive about it.
"At first it was tough, but you get it,’’ Latimer said. "They have to and you have to do what’s best for the team. At the end of the day sometimes they need more positions than others. You’re used to playing a lot in college, but every guy in here played a lot in college, that's not how they measure it. Once you come into this league you have to understand.’’
Denver Broncos boast a well-crafted pass rush
•Mile High ReportAnd it may get better when the Broncos stop playing all these mobile QBs.
"I just keep grinding, try to wait your turn, keep working in practice,’’ Latimer said. "That first game, I was kind like, man, but you look and see what’s happening and keep going. I do know if I don’t practice hard, make plays in practice, they’re not going to play me. I want to keep their attention.’’
"When it’s my time, be ready for your time,’’ Latimer said. "I hear the play calls, see what they’re doing, kind of say to myself, all right, this is the play -- and we have to know all the positions -- so I see if I can work through what every guy is doing before the snap.’’
- Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan took some shots at his former place of employment.
- San Francisco 49ers tight end Vernon Davis is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Eagles.
- Chicago Bears wide receiver Brandon Marshall is listed as questionable for their game against the Packers.
- Kansas City Chiefs backup running back Joe McKnight tore his Achilles during the teams practice on Thursday, and is out for the season.
- Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford was not hurt after a pedestrian bridge collapsed onto a freeway in Detroit.
- New York Jets running back Chris Johnson wants the team to run the ball more.
- Baltimore Ravens receiver Torrey Smith is hearing it from some of his fantasy football owners on twitter.
- Titans quarterback Jake Locker is listed as questionable for the teams game against the Indianapolis Colts.