In a few hours from now we'll be putting our final touches on our fantasy football team, ordering a pizza or finishing up our special football dishes, and just sitting back relaxing and enjoying the first NFL Sunday of 2014.
Then later tonight we get to watch our Denver Broncos kickoff the season with a victory against the Indianapolis Colts.
It doesn't get much better then this does it?
So, are you ready?
John Elway has a message for the Lombardi Trophy:
Denver Broncos General Manager John Elway visited with the Sunday Night Football crew on their bus on Saturday. While on the bus he saw the Lombardi Trophy on the bus, and all he had to say was "I'll see you soon".
He, and the Broncos have a date with the trophy in Arizona in early February, and this time they're not leaving town with out it.
- The Denver Broncos compare Colts quarterback Andrew Luck to Pittsburgh Steelers Quarterback Big Ben Roethlisberger. They plan to attack Luck they same way they attacked Big Ben in the past.
- It's the calm before the storm for the Broncos. How do the Broncos players handle their emotions before games?
- Will the Denver Broncos defense live up to all the hype?
- The Indianapolis Colts official website takes a look at the seven things to watch for as they face the Denver Broncos on Sunday Night Football.
- Denver Broncos defensive end Mailk Jackson will be playing with a heavy heart on Sunday Night. Jackson lost his father recently, but will be playing tonight.
- The Denver Broncos defense is eager to backup it's high powered offense in 2014.
Wes Welker to remain suspended for week one
•Mile High ReportDenver Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker will remain suspended this week, but could be reinstated next week if the NFL and NFLPA agree to a new drug policy this week.
Around the NFL:
- The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed cornerback Cortez Allen to a new five-year, 26 million dollar deal.
- Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton will be a game-time decision today.
- Cardinals running back Andre Ellington practices, and the team is confident he will play Monday Night.
- The Minnesota Vikings and right guard Brandon Fusco have agreed to a five-year, $25 million contract extension.
- NFL Networks Michael Fabiano fantasy expert gives you his start 'Em and sit 'Em's for week one.
- Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Cecil Shorts has been ruled out for today's game against the Philadelphia Eagles.
- The NFL and NFLPA are still in the midst of drug-policy negotiations. Could they on the verge of a new agreement?
- Did the NFL ask teams to consider adding defensive end Michael Sam to their team?
- Why is the NFL still blacking out their games?
- NFL Stars read mean tweets about themselves. This is pretty funny stuff.