According to ESPN's Chris Mortenson, Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is expected to announce that he is returning for his 18th season.
Peyton likely to announce 2015 return next week, per report http://t.co/NCY71E3sYd pic.twitter.com/RCNVeIy2Qy— SB Nation NFL (@SBNationNFL) February 1, 2015
According to the report, Manning has been "fairly persuaded" that everything will work out well between him and new Head Coach Gary Kubiak. Kubiak has said he can build an offense around Peyton Manning, and that it is pretty easy.
"It’s easy to build a playbook for him. He’s been the master at it for many, many years. He’s a Hall of Fame player, Hall of Fame person."
Manning isn't worried about fitting into Gary Kubiak's offense either. He spoke on the subject on Friday after attending a breakfast where he received the Bart Starr Award for his off-the-field efforts.
"I know that’s been a hot topic of discussion, But if I choose to come back, I feel pretty comfortable, aside maybe from Tubby Raymond’s Delaware Wing-T offense, I feel pretty comfortable playing in any offense. I really do. I don’t see that as really being a factor."
Peyton's decision: Everything we know
•Mile High ReportThe Decision 2015. Denver Broncos Country waits with bated breath - some in support of his return, some not - as the quarterback mulls retiring or coming back to the Broncos in 2015. Here's everything we know.
This isn't the first time that there has been a report that Manning is expected to return in 2015. The Denver Posts Woody Paige reported that Manning wants to return in 2015 but, was going to wait until he took his physical. Also, multiple teammates, including wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders has said that they expect Manning to return in 2015.
However, earlier this week Archie Manning(Peyton's father) said that Peyton is really struggling with the decision but, he expects him to make his decision sooner rather than later.
"I don't think he'll go a long time and take this thing to March, or anything like that," said Archie Manning. "He's got it on his mind, and I think he'll make a decision."
The most likely reason Manning has yet to announce is his health. As we all know, Manning played with a torn right quad during the last month or so of the season, and that injury led to the decline in his play. The injury also kept him out of playing in the Pro Bowl game in Arizona.
Manning will also have his annual check-up to see where the soon to be 39-year old quarterback is physically. He underwent spinal fusion surgery back in 2011, and the Broncos and Manning want to see if that will be able to hold up for the upcoming season. These physical's were required in the first two years of Manning's contract but, this is not the case this time around.
If Manning is still on the Broncos' roster on March 9th, his 19 million dollar salary is fully guaranteed for 2015.