The Broncos have a ton of questions along the offensive line. Orlando Franklin and Will Montgomery are set to be free agents in a few weeks, and Louis Vasquez will be moving back to the right guard position. This means the Broncos could potentially be looking for a new starting left guard, center, and right tackle this offseason.
Two names to keep an eye on are 2014 draft picks Michael Schofield and Matt Paradis.
Third round pick Michael Schofield could get the nod at the right tackle position. Some believe that Schofield could move over to left guard, but General Manager John Elway said at this past week's Scouting Combine that he views Schofield as a right tackle.
"Especially when we look at where we are, and the offensive line, and right tackle's a need for us," Elway said. "That's what we drafted him for, is to play right tackle. We think it's a good fit for him."
The Broncos have been showing interest in the top tackle prospects in this year's draft class and could decide to draft one despite having Schofield on the roster.
Last year's sixth-round pick Matt Paradis could be the Broncos answer at center. He has all the traits required to be a zone-blocking center is Gary Kubiak's offense. Paradis has ideal quickness, intelligence, and good footwork.
"I think a lot of him," Head Coach Gary Kubiak said. "I visited with him the other day. I remember coming to Denver years ago and there was a guy on the practice squad in Tommy Nalen. So hopefully we'll find some of those guys, but I know there are some good young players, and it's our job to get them going here, come April."
With that said, the Broncos are reportedly eyeing centers early in Free Agency.
What the Broncos do during free agency will give us a good idea about how they currently feel about their young offensive linemen.
- The Detroit Lions have released veteran running back Reggie Bush.
- The Green Bay Packers have released veteran linebacker A.J. Hawk.
- The Baltimore Ravens have released veteran receiver/kick returner Jacoby Jones.
- One talent evaluator believes defensive end/linebacker Randy Gregory is a better athlete than last year's number one overall pick Jadeveon Clowney.
- Free agent quarterback Ryan Mallett says that he wants to re-join the Houston Texans.
- The Miami Dolphins are exploring a Mike Wallace trade. Could they part ways with their high priced receiver?
- Free agent tackle Michael Oher is visiting with the Carolina Panthers.
- The New York Giants have released veteran running back Peyton Hillis.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers apparently will not use the Franchise Tag on linebacker Jason Worilds.