With NFL free agency dying down, NFL.com has revealed their offseason power rankings. I know power rankings are meaningless, but it's interesting to see where people believe the Broncos rank after free agency?
Jacob Tamme weighing multiple offers
•Mile High ReportAccording to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, tight end Jacob Tamme is visiting with the Atlanta Falcons but does have multiple offers on the table.
Well, how did the Broncos fair? They were a little bit lower than I expected, but I cannot argue against their ranking. They have the Broncos ranked 8th out of the 32 teams in the NFL. They're also the 4th best AFC team on the list.
Here's what they had to say about the Broncos ranking.
Peyton Manning is back, baby! Wait ... why is no one excited?
Really, who's talking about the Broncos right now? Julius Thomas and Terrance Knighton will certainly be missed. Wonder if diehard Denver fans feel worse about the latter's defection than the stud tight end going to Jacksonville. Either way, I still like the Gary Kubiak hiring and what the Broncos can do on the ground. Expecting a lot of two-tight end looks with Virgil Green and Owen Daniels.
The offseason losses to Julius Thomas and Terrance Knighton have swayed their opinion a bit. I would list the loss of Orlando Franklin ahead of both of those, but I understand his reasoning.
Here are the teams that made the top 10 of NFL.com's offseason power rankings.
- Seattle Seahawks
- New England Patriots
- Green Bay Packers
- Indianapolis Colts
- Arizona Cardinals
- Dallas Cowboys
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Detroit Lions
Of course the Oakland Raiders round out this list at dead last(32nd) as usual.
So what do you think MHR? Do you agree with these rankings, disagree with these rankings, or just simply do not care?
Mile High Report Bracket Challenge:
Wanna compete against your fellow MHR members in MHR's bracket challenge? There's no real prize except bragging rights(almost as good as money, right?).
The tourney starts later today so fill out your bracket quickly!
- Defensive end Greg Hardy signed a one-year deal worth up to $13M with the Dallas Cowboys.
- Rule changes will be discussed at next weeks owner meetings, lets take a look at which ones might change.
- The Vikings tell running back Adrian Peterson that they will not be cutting him.
- Despite rumors saying otherwise, the San Diego Chargers say they will not be trading quarterback Philip Rivers.
- Free agent tight end Jermaine Gresham is set to under-go surgery on a herniated disc.
- The New York Jets have met with veteran pass rusher/linebacker Osi Umenyoira
- The Baltimore Ravens have released running back Bernard Pierce following a DUI arrest.
- Running back prospect Melvin Gordon is set to meet with the Baltimore Ravens.
- The Carolina Panthers will meet with running back prospect Todd Gurley.
- Veteran defensive lineman Chris Canty has re-signed with the Baltimore Ravens
- The New England Patriots signed former Eagles cornerback Bradley Fletcher
- The Pouncey brothers ripped former teammate Mike Wallace in an interview.
- Aaron Rodgers isn't as popular as cheese apparently. Only cheese tops Aaron Rodgers in a Wisconsin poll.