The NFL Draft is only a little over three weeks away, and we're beginning to get an idea on what position the Denver Broncos will select in the first round. Many Broncos fans agree that a right tackle is the way that they will go in the first round, and most "draft experts" are agreeing with this line of thinking.
Some names being connected to the Broncos are Pittsburgh's T.J. Clemmings, Florida's D.J. Humphries, Miami's Ereck Flowers, and Oregon's Jake Fisher. The Broncos themselves have been working out, visiting with and rumored to really like a number of these prospects already.
Here are the the top offensive tackles who are potential first round picks(Via: CBS Sports).
- Brandon Scherff, Iowa
- La'el Collins, LSU
- Andrus Peat, Stanford
- Ereck Flowers, Miami
- T.J. Clemmings, Pittsburgh(Scouting Report)
- Jake Fisher, Oregon(Scouting Report)
- D.J. Humphries, Florida(Scouting Report)
- Ty Sambrailo, Colorado State
- Cedric Ogbuehi, Texas A&M
The first three prospects on this list(Scherff, Collins and Peat) will more than likely be off the board by the time the Broncos pick at 28. This leaves Flowers, Clemmings, Fisher, Humphries and possibly Sambrailo and Cedric Ogbuehi as the realistic options for the Broncos in the first round.
So i'm going to ask the Mile High Report readers this question. If the Broncos were to select an offensive tackle in the first round, which one would you like them to select? Miami's Ereck Flowers, Pittsburgh's T.J. Clemmings, Oregon's Jake Fisher, Florida's D.J. Humphries, Colorado State's Ty Sambrailo, Cedric Ogbuehi or someone else?
Another day, another Fanspeak mock draft:
- Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is unlikely to face any further punishment from the NFL.
- New England Patriots running back Legarrette Blount has been suspended one-game for substance abuse.
- The San Diego Chargers have exercised the fifth-year option on linebacker Melvin Ingram.
- Detroit Lions safety James Ihedigbo is seeking a new contract and planning to skip the teams offseason workouts.
- The Oakland Raiders have signed Green Bay Packers safety Sean Robinson to an offer sheet.
- Florida edge rushing prospect Dante Fowler said he would be "shocked" if the Jacksonville Jaguars pass on him in the first-round of the NFL Draft.
- Veteran wide receiver Greg Jennings is visiting with the Miami Dolphins.
- Phill Simms says that the Tennessee Titans should pass on quarterback Marcus Mariota with the 2nd overall pick.