Looking back at the analytics of Mile High Report for 2016 showed some surprising results. Peyton Manning and his retirement being near the top story in terms of traffic is not surprising, but alongside Tim Tebow and Colin Kaepernick stories? Yikes.
Here are the top 12 stories on our website for 2016.
1. Tim Tebow is the answer at quarterback for the Broncos
If we're going full bore on the nonsense about the QBs Denver should sign or trade for, at least go all out.
2. Peyton Manning will retire a Bronco, forego one-day Colts contract
Peyton Manning's sunset will be an orange and blue one. Without a doubt, Peyton Manning is one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever don an NFL uniform. Some wondered which uniform would be his last.
3. Peyton Manning retiring? More signs point to yes.
The more that we learn, the more it looks like Peyton Manning is going to call it a career after winning a second Super Bowl on Sunday.
4. ESPN's Adam Schefter says Colin Kaepernick and 49ers are headed toward divorce
According to Schefter, just because Brian Hoyer is visiting the Broncos on Thursday doesn't mean a trade for Kap is out of the question.
5. Report: Colin Kaepernick would rather play for the Broncos than playing for the Browns or 49ers
According to Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee, 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick would rather play for the Denver Broncos than the Cleveland Browns or the San Fransisco 49ers.
6. 31 NFL teams are smart: Josh McDaniels gets no head coaching interviews
Despite his success with the Patriots, Josh McDaniels has shown that he either doesn't know how to be a head coach, or Belichick sent him as a double agent.
7. Old out, new in as your fantasy season really begins
Do you want to shore up your fantasy bench with guys that you can actually play? Want 20 points from a guy that is available right now in your league? This is your place.
8. REPORT: Peyton Manning intends to play in 2016 even if it's with another team
Mike Florio reported on NBC Sunday Night Football that Peyton Manning intends to play football in 2016, even if it's not with the Denver Broncos. We're not sure where this report came from, but Florio is credible enough to share.
9. Brock Osweiler's contract should not have anything to do with Sam Bradford or Kirk Cousins
Enough with the "Osweiler is gonna get PAID homie" nonsense. Kirk Cousins and Sam Bradford's recent contracts have nothing to do with Osweiler's upcoming contract.
10. Brock Osweiler's contract has Kirk Cousins, Matt Flynn going wild on Twitter
The Denver Broncos decided it was not in their best interests to overpay quarterback Brock Osweiler. The Houston Texans decided it was in theirs, and they made Osweiler potentially $72 million richer as free agency opened Wednesday.
12. Paxton Lynch's loyalty is a breath fresh air to the Broncos
Throughout his football life, Lynch has been loyal to his small high school and college. Despite the temptation to take the better offer, loyalty to his commitment was too strong.
The most trafficked story of 2016 isn't on the list above, because it was written in November of 2015.
When Manning was benched and there were rumors he would never see the field again, we blogged about it. That story, was the top story in 2015 and it was also the top story in 2016 - amazingly enough.
We all know now that Manning did see the field again and the rest of Super Bowl history.
Peyton Manning returning to the field in 2015 is highly unlikely
It is starting to look like Peyton Manning may never step onto the field as a starting quarterback of the Denver Broncos again.