From now until late April, the most pressing question will be who John Elway and the Denver Broncos are going to be targeting with the 31st pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.
If you look at recent history you might notice that Elway has taken a defensive player with the first pick of each of his five NFL drafts, which sort of gives the rumors that they will be looking for a defensive lineman in the first round some weight.
Then you have the mock drafts. SB Nation compiled a nice list of 30 such mock drafts for us to delve into this week. Let's see who the "experts" think the Broncos might be targeting late in the first round.
Top players mocked to the Broncos
- Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana (16.3%)
- Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas (11.6%)
- Jonathan Bullard, DE, Florida (7%)
- Cody Whitehair, OG, Kansas State (7%)
- Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama (7%)
- Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama (7%)
- Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn (4.7%)
- Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Ole Miss (4.7%)
- Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech (4.7%)