When Gary Kubiak retired as head coach of the Denver Broncos the Monday after the team won their final regular season game against the Oakland Raiders, the NFL had its most desirable head coaching position for 2017 appear. John Elway must now focus on finding the next leader of the team to keep them competitive and challenging for Super Bowl championships each and every year.
Since we will be hearing a lot of rumors, we’re going to do what we can to keep a decent track on the interview process. Elway said himself he has his eye on 3-4 young guys that would be great fits with this organization. Though we don’t anticipate a large list of candidates, we’ll do our best to keep this page updated throughout the process.
Feel free to post tweets and links for names we might miss. We’ll have separate articles discussing these rumors and pieces of news, but this will serve as our over-arching list.
Coach already interviewed
- Dave Toub, Kansas City Chiefs special teams coordinator (Link - Bio)
- Kyle Shanahan, Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator (Link - Bio)
- Vance Joseph, Miami Dolphins defensive coordinator (Link - Bio)
Coach interview requested and/or planned
Coach in which Broncos have reported interest
- Sean McVay, Washington Redskins offensive coordinator (Link)
- Teryl Austin, Detroit Lions defensive coordinator (Link)
- Darrell Bevell, Seattle Seahawks offensive coordiantor (Link)