It was announced earlier today that the Denver Broncos have been awarded four compensatory picks in the 2017 NFL Draft. This announcement bumped the Broncos total of draft selections up to 10. This amount of picks gives Denver Broncos General Manager John Elway a ton of flexibility this offseason. For the first time, teams can now trade compensatory picks, so the Broncos use those picks to move up in the draft for a prospect and/or trade for a veteran once Free Agency begins.
With the compensatory picks announced, the NFL could now finalize the entire draft order for the 2017 NFL Draft. Here are the Broncos ten selections which include five of their original selections, four compensatory picks and one acquired via trade. Also, if the Broncos keep the final pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, they will draft "Mr. Irrelevant" for the first time in Franchise history.
(Order via: NFL Communications website)
- The Broncos have four selections in the first 101 picks.
- The Broncos received the max amount of compensatory selections(4).
- Among the Broncos compensatory selections under John Elway include quarterback Trevor Siemian, guard Max Garcia, and safeties Justin Simmons and Will Parks.
- The Broncos have received the most compensatory picks in the NFL during the past three seasons.
- One last reminder, for the first time in NFL history, teams can now trade compensatory picks.