The Denver Broncos announced on Wednesday that General Manager John Elway was promoted from executive vice president of football operations/General Manager to President of Football Operations/General Manager.
Broncos President and CEO Joe Ellis had this to about John Elway and his promotion to President of Football Operations/General Manager.
“We’re football first here at the Broncos and obviously John is our leader of the team,” Ellis said at the team’s annual training camp Media BBQ. “I think he is definitely deserving of this title elevation. It’s really a recognition that he deserves for all that he does and all that he has done for this team over the years since he arrived here in 1984.”
This has been an eventful week for John Elway and the Broncos. On Monday it was announced that John Elway and the Broncos agreed to a five-year extension that made him the highest paid General Manager in the NFL. On Tuesday it was announced that former Head Coach Gary Kubiak would return to the team as an area scout, and on Wednesday news of Elway’s promotion were announced. All three of these announcements should have you excited about the Broncos future.
Elway deserves every cent of his extension and this promotion because of everything he has done for this Franchise since joining them. Here are some impressive stats and accolades for Elway per the Broncos press release on Elway’s promotion.
- Second most wins in the NFL(73) since 2011
- Five AFC West Championships
- Two AFC Championships
- Two Super Bowl appearances
- Super Bowl 50 Champions
- Signing future Hall Of Fame quarterback Peyton Manning
- Selected Super Bowl 50 MVP Von Miller with his first draft selection
- Signed the likes of DeMarcus Ware, T.J. Ward, Aqib Talib, Wes Welker, Emmanuel Sanders, Louis Vasquez, Evan Mathis, Brandon Marshall, Darian Stewart and others to build a perennial Super Bowl roster.
Now we have five more years of John Elway leading the Broncos in the right direction and I cannot wait to see what is ahead for this Franchise.
In Elway we trust.