SB Nation is doing a “biggest surprise after Week 1” deal and I could think of no bigger surprise than watching the Kansas City Chiefs dismantle and embarrass Tom Brady and the New England Patriots at home.
I spent the first part of the game making fun of the Chiefs on Twitter, which was a win for me personally. But then I spent the second part of the game making fun of the Patriots and that was a much bigger win.
Nothing is funnier than seeing jilted, arrogant Patriots fans on Twitter saying nothing to anyone. It’s like they disappeared for a few hours.
Why was this blowout loss so surprising? Let’s take a look at the headlines around the Patriots leading up to that first game:
- Book it, Patriots will play in Super Bowl LII
- Will Patriots Go Undefeated While Jets Go Winless?
- The New England Patriots Will Go Undefeated In 2017-18 Season
- Can the New England Patriots go undefeated this season?
- Could Tom Brady retire if the New England Patriots go 19-0?
- Why the Patriots Really Could Go Undefeated
- Patriots fans look forward to another undefeated season
Yes, it is fun to laugh at all of these headlines after the Patriots start the season 0-1 after giving up six touchdowns at home.
Is the end of the Patriots dynasty near or is this just a once in a Bill Belichick coaching career blip?